2015 Mercury 4 Stroke Dies

Model 1115F131D, SN 2B147720 Normally on the end of the day run to boat ramp when I slow to a stop and put in N motor dies. Starts back up no issues but dies when placed in N. I replaced fuel filter and still does this. Seems like issue is worse when the hot weather is in full force. Have approx. 120 hours on it. Thank you
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Could be as simple as the IAC (Idle Air Control Valve) needs to be replaced.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Don, I have Vessel View Link installed, would there be an error code sent?
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not necessarily.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Don I noticed something else today. Did fine all morning then heat of the day when I turn key and fuel pump loads up it just kept running, normally it stops after a second or two. It also puttered and cut out and in at full throttle. When I got to ramp I turned key and heard nothing, but started up fine, dying when in neutral. Getting in to a shop here is a long process. Thanks for you responses. Danny
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check battery connections (and battery), connections at both ends of battery cables, grounds on engine, disconnect/reconnect keyswitch harness inside the cowling, check for the same up at the console and disconnect/reconnect if your boat has a ranger-specific harness.

Might also replace the MPR just to rule it out at this time.

7. Member
    I switch to a 100 ah Lithium cranking battery (Next Gen) wonder if that would have anything to do with issues? I will check what u advised. Thank you.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma

8. Member
    I switched to a 100 ah Lithium cranking battery (Next Gen) wonder if that would have anything to do with issues? I will check what u advised. Can you tell me what a MPR is? Thank you.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma

9. Member
    Main Power Relay.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azbassman352 View Post
    I switched to a 100 ah Lithium cranking battery (Next Gen) wonder if that would have anything to do with issues? I will check what u advised. Can you tell me what a MPR is? Thank you.
    Improperly connected: Sure.

Note that Mercury recommends a wet-cell battery for the charging system on this engine.

11. Member
    I hope it's not the battery, Thanks for the information.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma