Need advice on Motorguide repair.

I have a Motorguide Xi3 GPS kayak model trolling motor that spent the night underwater last week. It was connected to power when the boat turned over. Lots of corrosion, even the prop nut has corroded. I need advice on what to do. I can replace the motor (55#) and shaft for about $250. The control board is probably also shot and it will be about $210. The transmission was replaced a couple of months ago and hopefully is water tight. The only other pricey part would be the GPS module ($450). A new trolling motor will cost $1200. One minus the GPS module is around $900. I am thinking replace the motor, shaft, and control board and hope the GPS module is OK. The motor is still under warranty but not covered by insurance. What should I do?

2. Member
    Buy an new troll motor. Even if you get it fixed and flush it to get rid of salt it will continuously give you problems. Maybe not at first, but surely down the road

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Buy an new troll motor. Even if you get it fixed and flush it to get rid of salt it will continuously give you problems. Maybe not at first, but surely down the road
    Ordered the basic Motorguide Xi3 kayak (non-GPS … will use GPS module from old trolling motor) for $739 delivered to my house. Used PayPal Credit for no interest for six months.