Thread: Water Leak

Water Leak

2002 90ELPTO Mercury 90 HP 2 Stroke ser no - 0T527526

I never had this leak before now it is coming up around the shift shaft. While I have it all apart again does anyone have a clue where it would be originating from?

Video won't post, dang'it

here is a pic the green is a hole in the cowl. the orange is where the shift shaft comes up. Water pours out both and never did before. I had it apart again today, inspected, put back all new gaskets, same thing...

20220807_163455.jpg
    Last edited by Crappie Bob; 08-07-2022 at 04:35 PM.

2. Member
    inspect water tube coupling and orings and all drains in exhaust housing got to much water inside of it from somewhere
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks, I will pull it apart again and check all that. I wonder if I could get a bore sight tool far enough in to see any of that? I know the exhaust plate is clean, been going thru that with the high water pressure ordeal. I might have had it apart so many times in the last 3 months the water tube seal is worn, I'll order a new one and put it in. I've had it apart so many times here lately, when I back it under the carport all the nuts and bolts start taking themselves out.

4. Member
    baaaaahaaaaa wish i had some of those mtrs here
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................