Boats and fishing?

Y'all just talk about coffee in here? What about boats and fishing and other cool guy stuff??

2. Member
    Sometimes we talk other stuff. This week I will be fishing Shawnee State Lake on Monday for bass, and if I get time I may get closer to Ada and fish Jewell State lake and see if I can get some Blue Gill on Friday. I'm trying to learn to Fly fish for them. It's pretty much learning by collision.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Coffee is boring....I have to agree with ya there. its too hot to fish right now, lets talk about trail cameras! haha
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    A couple of buddies are smacking the catfish right now.

5. Member
    Fly fishing not in my wheelhouse, I need to figure it out someday. Looks like this forum has had a lot of posts but it doesn't look like a lot of activity anymore. What happenned? I have lurked for awhile, just finally decided to get on and post.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkVarble View Post
    A couple of buddies are smacking the catfish right now.
    That's usually a good target this time of year. I am still getting a good morning bite and catching a few during the day. Was at Glen Elder the other day and could still catch some decent smallies. I can't wait for Fall!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    That's usually a good target this time of year. I am still getting a good morning bite and catching a few during the day. Was at Glen Elder the other day and could still catch some decent smallies. I can't wait for Fall!
    Week before last when we had cool weather I did really well on the largemouth. The high tomorrow isn't supposed to make 90* so I'm going to try Shawnee. I've never fished it before so we will see.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

8. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Catching big hybrid bluegill and catfish in my
    pond.

You are right, there used to be a lot of activity in this forum. Then some people got butt hurt and others have passed away.

Went to Wl Co lake last night and caught one keeper and several short fish. I am there almost every Sunday evening if I have not fished anywhere else on a weekend.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    You are right, there used to be a lot of activity in this forum. Then some people got butt hurt and others have passed away.

Went to Wl Co lake last night and caught one keeper and several short fish. I am there almost every Sunday evening if I have not fished anywhere else on a weekend.
    That's too bad. Maybe it's time to get something meaningful going again. I would enjoy exchanges that were more specifically Kansas related.

That's too bad. Maybe it's time to get something meaningful going again. I would enjoy exchanges that were more specifically Kansas related.
    Sounds good to me. Had to look up where Ada is at. I have been close to Ada, but I would assume you would need to be going to ever have been there. The only reason people might have been here in YC is because there are two highways that go through.

After fishing Glen Elder a couple years ago, I tell everyone that if you want to just simply catch fish, it is a great lake to do that on. Must have caught 50-60 white bass one day while I was there.

12. Member
    Yep, you do catch a variety. There are some big 'ol drum in that sucker. I wish it fished bigger for bass as it would not hold up to much more than a club tournament. And be careful when it's windy!

Yep, you do catch a variety. There are some big 'ol drum in that sucker. I wish it fished bigger for bass as it would not hold up to much more than a club tournament. And be careful when it's windy!
    Yeah, I could call my shot on the drum with a square bill. Could see them on my livescope and know that is what they were.

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Glen Elder also has some big crappie in it too. Last winter there were some big crappie caught there.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Glen Elder also has some big crappie in it too. Last winter there were some big crappie caught there.
    There was one of the guys there with us that caught the biggest crappie he had ever seen on a jerkbait.

This tread had 137views but only 6 guys decided to join in.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    This tread had 137views but only 6 guys decided to join in.
    I think if some threads got started with some good topics the posts would come. I am just speculating though, not sure what all happenned here in the past. Must've been some carnage, LOL! I enjoy talking fishing, hunting, girls, bourbons, cars, trucks, guns you know the regular stuff not necessarily in that order either, LOL.

We have been catching alot of crappie as of late. I even caught a 10-12 lb carp on a bobby garland stinger shad.

19. Member
    I was at glen elder earlier this year. It was my first time there and saw two boats come in that had lost their lower units. That lake makes me very nervous.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

20. Member
    Fished Gardner Lake, Critzer, and Fort Scott recently. Been catching a few bass but no big ones.