Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Exactly. Brand loyalty is kind of silly when getting a standalone setup. The costs are similar enough, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't go garmin with a stand alone system.
    I can see the argument if you get the target lock system as well.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I can see the argument if you get the target lock system as well.
    True, I could understand that. That said, I think target lock and separate pole mounted FFS is a bit of a niche product for the majority of bass anglers. Most of the guys who are really skilled with FFS use the trolling motor mount only, and I think its worth learning how to use that way just to speed up the scanning process.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    With updates the mega live is getting better and I think there will be more updates. I just added a dedicated lithium for my electronics and I can see a ned rig 60 plus feet out on my mega live so I’m very happy
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Had Garmin didn't like it at all moved to deeper water needed to make adjustments and always making adjustments then mega live finnally came out traded my garmin for live with a lot of bashing going on with it but stuck with mega live and its getting easier and much much better than the Garmin O well my 2 cents but each has there own likings

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Had Garmin didn't like it at all moved to deeper water needed to make adjustments and always making adjustments then mega live finnally came out traded my garmin for live with a lot of bashing going on with it but stuck with mega live and its getting easier and much much better than the Garmin O well my 2 cents but each has there own likings
    The LVS32 definitely took lots of tweaking to work right. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to deal with it. That said, the LVS34 looks pretty great with a lot less tweaking.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    HB is currently the only player with target lock which works in union with mega live. While HB's mega live imaging is behind livescope, it being assisted by target lock may make it more advantageous as a package. That's been the biggest drawback to livescope, and hence all the separate pole mounting devices that have come to market. HB's imaging will be improved upon. Garmin and Lowrance will be playing catch up on their version of target lock.

Sadly, you will likely need the entire package from one brand for it all to work. HB has been forward thinking in its One-Boat Network design and operation. I currently have Garmin's livescope, but since I have an Ultrex TM, if were buying live sonar today, I'd likely buy HB's mega live along with target lock.

I am impressed with HB target lock. However, last rig had 52" Ultrex and M360. Hard to retract. Bought new rig, went with 48" Ultrex, thought it would be easier to retract. Installed M360 and LiveScope. Very hard to retract. Will not buy another attachment for my Ultrex until MK (Johnson Outdoors) upgrades the lift assist. They have not been forward thinking!!!

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    I am impressed with HB target lock. However, last rig had 52" Ultrex and M360. Hard to retract. Bought new rig, went with 48" Ultrex, thought it would be easier to retract. Installed M360 and LiveScope. Very hard to retract. Will not buy another attachment for my Ultrex until MK (Johnson Outdoors) upgrades the lift assist. They have not been forward thinking!!!
    Ummm, they actually do make a beefier lift assist strut for the Ultrex just for this reason. Makes a huge difference.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Ummm, they actually do make a beefier lift assist strut for the Ultrex just for this reason. Makes a huge difference.
    H-Bird does ?

Who is "they" ?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Reading comprehension fail on my part. For some reason I thought 80lb thrust. But yeah, if 112 then they come with the 860n strut.
    sorry guys.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    So you failed to read any farther? Lol

Got it.

14. Member
    I'll take your 30% off code

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12