Livewell divider yay or nay

Considering pulling the divider out of my livewell... I fish solo in T's 98% time, and the smallish by most comparisons Skeeter livewells I think having the single bay would be preferable. Searching back it seems most are removing the divider as well. Any concerns about water sloshing or excessive fish/water movement without the divider?

2. Member
    i personally leave mine in, they may seem small, but supposedly that is to reduce stress on the fish, keeps them condensed together, and the divider works as a baffle. Whether im solo or in team format, the wells may seem small but they have no problem with a 25-30 pound sack

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsuey View Post
    i personally leave mine in, they may seem small, but supposedly that is to reduce stress on the fish, keeps them condensed together, and the divider works as a baffle. Whether im solo or in team format, the wells may seem small but they have no problem with a 25-30 pound sack
    I do like having the divided setup, once side for obvious cullers, the other for ones you don't expect you'll be culling out... so I guess in that mode it's not like you are stuffing fish. And the condensed/less stress deal does make sense to me as well. Just that I had a 6-11 last week I put in temporarily so I could get some pics, and it just seemed cramped for her :). But I don't catch 6-11's very often lol, in fact it was my PB.

4. Member
    They’d be awful hard to catch if it were one big livewell. They’d also now have a lot of extra room to get a running start and make a jump for it.

5. Member
    I like the divided LW for two reasons... as said for cullers/non-cullers but in the summer heat I keep a frozen gallon jug of water in one side and fish on the other so the jug doesn't beat them up.

6. Member
    I like the divided well as well, but it would be helpful for other species of fish that are a lot longer to have the divider removable. I was thinking of pulling mine, cutting it vertically down the middle or near, installing a stainless hinge and some horizontal bars connected thru to prevent hinge the from "hinging" while installed. Remove the bars and it'll pivot out.