Who Running Lithiums With Their Cat?

Hey guys, going on 3 months with my 2019 cougar ftd with 250 proxs 4s and loving it. I'm still working on dialling in the rig and upgraded TM to the ghost. The boat has 3 lifeline AGM batteries that work amazing but man are they heavy! I just purchased 3 60ah lithiums from a local Canadian company that get good reviews. Looking to lighten the load in the back, with the ghost I'm getting lots of battery life so the 60ah should work great. Wondering what experiences you guys had making the switch.

2. Member
    I'm running 3× 50AH for the trolling motor
    A 100Ah cranking for the electronics
    And 31 series Agm for the mercury
    I have a 2008 cougar
    Did not gained much speed but the hole shot is better
    I can fish 2 day tourney with a single charge
    Last edited by figueira; 08-05-2022 at 09:12 AM.

3. Member
    I have two 60AH for my TM and a 120AH for my cranking battery. I barely draw the TM batteries. The crank is too new for me to really report on. I am having some engine issues right now, so can't really comment on performance. I am going to check my plugs this weekend.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

4. Member
    Not worried about speed, this Cougar can boogie as it is. Would mind some better hole shot and boat sitting little more level in water.

I have 3 60ah Impulse for my Ultrex. Your Ghost will do great with them. I still have an AGM for my cranking battery since Mercury requires it. What improvements you will see is better hole shot and less backwash when setting down quickly. Add a 24P Fury 4 blade and you will notice an even better hole shot plus adds better mid range and slow speed handling.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I have 3 60ah Impulse for my Ultrex. Your Ghost will do great with them. I still have an AGM for my cranking battery since Mercury requires it. What improvements you will see is better hole shot and less backwash when setting down quickly. Add a 24P Fury 4 blade and you will notice an even better hole shot plus adds better mid range and slow speed handling.
    beauty thank you. Right now I have a 25p tempest which I think is wrong prop. I can just hit 75mph but I really have to drive it. Hole shot is meh loaded. Light load it's good. I'm got getting full max RPM 5900-6000 is the max. But I'm still learning how to drive it.

7. Member
    I have a 2022 Cougar that I purchased from Sherm's back in April of this year, equipped with Garmin graphs and a Force TM.
    It has the AGM cranking battery that BassCat installed with the electronics, etc. being powered by it.
    As I was starting with a "clean slate" I purchased a single NextGen 36V/40A TM battery and their stand alone charger.
    I have made several trips and fished 5 or 6 hours at a time and have yet to run the battery below 75%.
    The battery I use is bluetooth, with an app to check charge and condition and it's a standard 31 series battery so it fits in the standard aluminum tray.
    I'm happy with my choice. If I need more "time", I can add a second battery for 80 total amps.

8. Member
    Okay, so let me put this out there. Mind you this is my set up and my thought process.

1. You do not need a designated battery for electronics if you choose the proper battery to begin with. My battery of choice is a Relion R100HP. On this 1 battery I run the following. Helix 12 G4 x2, Mega Live, Mega 360, Onix 10, Power Poles x2, related components to my Ultrex, all boat electrical items to include Merc 250 ProXs, fish on average 9hr tournaments and run the live wells from the time a fish goes in until they come out. These items are on and run from start to finish. Mercury engines w/lithium, never had a issue in 5 yrs nor do I know ANYONE that has had a issue with the 4s. Don't know anyone that has ever had their warranty work rejected because of lithium. I have never ever had this one battery leave me stranded even after a 2 day tournament without a recharge.

2 Relion R100 for my TM, 24v 80lb Ultrex

3 Charging system was a MK PC345 until bank one went out and now i use a NOCO GEN PRO10x3

The one thing I noticed the most when I went to lithium batteries was the stern floats higher at rest, and I no longer have to bump the throttle to prevent backwash when coming off plane. The boat drafts noticeably shallower, and jumps out of the hole much quicker.
    You can plane and cruise at a lower speed also. I noticed little, if any, increase in top speed.
    I'm running an Ionic 125ah cranker and 2 - 50ah TM batteries. They'll last 2-3 trips easily.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"