Mega Live and Original 360

So finally heard back from Humminbird on issue where ML and original 360 won't work together. Pretty much a middle finger response and they don't test everything. Said they aren't fixing it and the recommendation they stated doesn't work and should have know this before they sent response as the Humminbird tech and I tested this while on the phone when first reported. Pretty much shell out more money to upgrade or go blank yourself. Below first is the original post on here and second will be the email I got from them.

"The latest software updates do not let mega live and original 360 work together on same network. Couple post down someone suggested to unhook 360 to get mega live software to update successfully. Also had to end up leaving 360 unplugged to get mega live to sync network to all 3 solix gen1 units. Once I did that I plugged 360 back up and everything connected but wasn't able to change settings under chirp sonar for mega live and no setting at top of mega live view. Unplug 360 and there you go can change settings .

With the latest software updates my i-pilot link connects and then goes out and says trolling motor disconnected. Then it will come back then go out. When I was doing settings and it was disconnected the trolling motor would beep like it does when you turn it on but wouldn't connect.

I've talked to Humminbird on phone today and ran test. Hopefully they can test and fix it. Would like to use both.

Long winded but thought I would document issue and hope to help others."

Response:

I apologize for taking so long to get back with you on this. Thank you so much for being patient with me. I found out that we did not really test the MEGA LIVE and the AS 360 together but it would be recommended to install a separate battery switch and allow the MEGA LIVE to connect last within the network. Unfortunately, there will not be a software update released to resolve this issue and, I do apologize for this inconvenience.

Good Boating and Fishing!

2. Member
    Pretty frustrating as a user who spends lots of money and not have things working properly. Since the latest ML and Helix updates I've not been able to use my setup like before the update. I have the Mega Live and the Mega 360, built in MDI transducer and MSI and 2D at the rear of the boat. I get the rings/pulses on my Mega Live unless I turn off sonar or put the other units in standby or stop pinging on my Mega 360. Of course I called HB support and got the usual script of wiring and power along with running the Mega Live on the network hub. I have two hubs, dedicated power to the Mega Live and as of the last week added the Mega 360 Y cable to combine my Mega 360 and MDI transducer on one bow unit. The Y cable did help somewhat with the rings on the Mega Live as long as I'm in water depth over 20 feet. This not a sonar cross talk issue from all the tests I've done, I believe it's how the data is processed via the network and units themselves. I've provided HB support all my test data and have told them it's easy to recreate and I won't close my case until they provide an answer. Of course I could just stop using my 2D sonar at the bow but I shouldn't have to do that or in my opinion any other work around. Something in their update caused this along with their design and HB needs to make it work.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Cougar - it sounds like our 360 units are useless now unless we can buy another Solix or Helix that does not have the latest software update. Even at that, we would never be able to update the unit in the future, nor network it for that matter. Our Gen 1 Solix units are not compatible with Mega 360, so we are S.O.L. There too. It will cost us several grand to get back to where we were before installing the latest software. The tech told me it was not possible to revert back to 4.02 software. I hope others read this before buying a used 360 if they have the latest software.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Unfortunately, this is standard operating procedure for all electronics manufacturers. They can't afford to test things with previous generations of discontinued products. I actually think Humminbird does better than most in protecting older technology investments. They just have to draw a line in the sand.

This is exactly why I like staying on the bleeding edge. Buy when things first come out and sell your current product(s) while the used prices are still high on the used market.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Interesting..... Must be a Solix thing. I run AS 360 and MEGA Live on the same network that also has my Ultrex, Helix 15 G4N MSI+ and Helix 9 G3N MDI+ and they all play nicely together.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar76 View Post
    "The latest software updates do not let mega live and original 360 work together on same network. Couple post down someone suggested to unhook 360 to get mega live software to update successfully. Also had to end up leaving 360 unplugged to get mega live to sync network to all 3 solix gen1 units. Once I did that I plugged 360 back up and everything connected but wasn't able to change settings under chirp sonar for mega live and no setting at top of mega live view. Unplug 360 and there you go can change settings .

This should be a sticky. It got me tonight. I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why my network showed my mega live connected but it didn't work after updates. Just unplugged my non mega 360 and magically Mega live now works.
    thank you Cougar76 for this info!!

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhesse78 View Post
    This should be a sticky. It got me tonight. I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why my network showed my mega live connected but it didn't work after updates. Just unplugged my non mega 360 and magically Mega live now works.
    thank you Cougar76 for this info!!
    I'll add a link to this post in the Mega Live Information Resource Sticky Post.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    quick update.
    the rep I talked to at Humminbird told me yesterday they are going to fix this in the next update. He couldn't say when that would be but it should be fixed in the next update. Until then we have to chosse between the 2. Not ideal but at least it's not a "too bad move on" answer we first thought it would be.

Thanks Humminbird. This problem was indeed fixed in the latest. I tested it today & it all works now