Prop for my 2021 ZX225

I threw a blade on my 15 1/8 25 T2 prop and need to get a new one. Yamaha should be replacing this prop but I'm thinking of getting a 14 3/4 25 FXP turbo prop. Would this prop perform similar to the T2 I have. I believe there is also a 26 Pitch FXP prop as well so not sure which one would perform the best.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

2. Member
    Call Mark Croxton and see what he recommends, over the years he has never steered me wrong. Sorry to hear about the T2, I thought the whole point of remaking the T1 was to stop cracking and blade slinging. Were you running it high or did you possibly hit something when it happened?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mknj671 View Post
    Call Mark Croxton and see what he recommends, over the years he has never steered me wrong. Sorry to hear about the T2, I thought the whole point of remaking the T1 was to stop cracking and blade slinging. Were you running it high or did you possibly hit something when it happened?
    Thanks. Just the normal factory setup. I was running across the lake about 4500 RPM and all of a sudden I felt the vibration. I stopped and when I lifted the motor I saw it was missing most of a blade. I didn't hit anything or high RPM. I had to take the boat and motor to my dealer for inspection and engine data and they filed a claim with Yamaha. Now the wait for a new prop. There's a local prop shop so I may call them to see if they have a used prop I can use while I wait for the new one and then keep it for a spare.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    Wondering, what did you wind up with?
    I've posted a few threads with very similar circumstances that might be of interest to you.