Echomap 93SV UHD Map Refresh speed

I recently mounted a 93SV on my console connected by Ethernet to an Echomap 106 Ultra on the bow. I noticed that the map on the console unit takes a long time to display when changing screens and sometimes fails to keep up when running on plane. The boat position is ok but the map underneath does not always refresh.

Is there a setting I can change to help this?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    I think there’s a map detail setting you can lower that may help. Largely what you’re seeing is the lack of processing power in the 93SV.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

3. Member
    Try deleting your tracks if you have a lot. This made a huge difference on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Try deleting your tracks if you have a lot. This made a huge difference on mine.
    Thanks, Hadn’t thought of that, I do have a lot. I keep them by lake and recently loaded them onto the 93 from one of my Lowrance units. In retrospect, that is when I started noticing the problem. I will go ahead and delete them and load back as needed from an sd card.

5. Member
    Post back if it helps. Im curious. I was running a map chip also.

Post back if it helps. Im curious. I was running a map chip also.
    Well, I deleted all but 2 of the trails and at first I thought it helped but after a few trips I can see that it still can’t keep up.
    I am not recording a new trail, only showing a pre-recorded trail for the lake I am on. I did add about 1500 waypoints to the 300 existing but don’t expect them to take up transaction time once loaded though.
    I hope there is something I can do to improve this, I really like the unit otherwise.

Edit: I am displaying the minimum detail on the map, but I do have color shaded depth ranges.

7. Member
    You could also look into the interval that its recording waypoints for your tracks/trails. For instance if its creating a waypoint along the track every few seconds that could add up to a lot of data, and is probably excessive anyhow.

i believe there is a setting to change this

You could also look into the interval that its recording waypoints for your tracks/trails. For instance if its creating a waypoint along the track every few seconds that could add up to a lot of data, and is probably excessive anyhow.

i believe there is a setting to change this
    Thanks, I will check this. I do remember seeing that it is set on “Time” but don’t know the time interval.

9. Member
    I don’t have your units, but in general with any electronics. The more data the less available memory for processing slows down everything. The trend with newer software is to use more memory to get things done. Thats the reason at some point you need to upgrade the processing Speed and the memory size. I had the same effect when I went to a map that had satellite imagery of the shoreline and my map lagged so much I could not feel safe without slowing down. I turned off the shoreline pic’s and bingo! No more lagging map. Point being anything that takes up more memory will affect the speed items can be displayed. That is a trend with everything. Same thing as planned obsolescence. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go