95 225 3.0L lower unit

So a few weeks ago I hit something and sheared off my prop and prop shaft on my 204. I have a '95 3.0L carbed mercury 225. Unfortunately Progressive insurance won't cover it as they say there's not enough evidence I hit something versus it just failed on its own. The real problem I'm having trouble with now is finding a replacement lower unit. Apparently the mechanic says it's an 8 spline drive shaft, which was only used with that lower unit for a short time and they are hard to find and not made anymore. Wondering if anyone has any advice or leads on a compatible LU? I'm located in Northern CA.

Updated serial #OGO42096
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wolfman92; 08-07-2022 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Serial #

2. Banned
    Try posting in the 3L forum as this one is for motors up to 135hp. Be sure to put your serial number in the post for better info. Hope you find what you need.

3. Member
    tear down and inspect most likely can be repaired from the looks of it , there is some info on the MERC NLA parts for merc dealers was a dealer in DELAWARE that had gearcases in 2010 (1 302 328 8541 ) also need and adapter kit 824114a1 if you go that route , slick looking boat i have one like it 92 thats a ski model padded rod lockers, extremely clean , all original , 3.0L forum will have more info for yo engine
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your post to the 3L Forum. Please be sure to update with your engine's serial number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks. Gonna try calling some places about rebuilding it.

Updated serial #OGO42096

6. Member
    smart wolf , i would say any shop could do it butttttttt its debatable nowdays check um out before leaving it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................