Thread: Which wire?

Which wire?

Long story short, original oem Yamaha tilt and trim motor went out on my 2005 hpdi 225. Got an aftermarket one off eBay and all was well. Well it lasted a couple years and has now gone out . I kept my old oem unit and took it apart and found it had fluid in it. I ordered all new seals and brushes. Ok I have rebuilt the original oem motor and the wires on it are black and white. The wires on the aftermarket are blue and green. My question is which wire do I put on the relay for up and down. Is black down and white up? Or vise versa?

2. Member
    Have not heard of black and white trim pump motor wires. But does not matter. Try them one way. If it is not correct just swap them around.

3. Member
    Ok I did not think it would really matter. I’m the same I have never see the white and black wire either. The replacement that I got was green and blue. And that’s all I have ever seen. I got the original one rebuilt last night with new brushes and seals. Hoping I can get over to the boat this weekend and get it switched out. Thanks for the reply.

4. Member
    I did happen to watch a YouTube video of a kid changing out a oem motor and it also had the black and white wires. White wire would have been the blue wire and the black wire would be green.