Lake Crescent/St. Augustine Area

Hi Folks,

Heading down to Daytona for the 500 in 2023 and was wondering if anyone has a guide near Lake Crescent/St. Johns River/St. Augustine area. Have flexibility either before or after the 500. Will be home basing in Flagler Beach area.

Thanks for any information!

Bob

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroBob View Post
    Hi Folks,

Heading down to Daytona for the 500 in 2023 and was wondering if anyone has a guide near Lake Crescent/St. Johns River/St. Augustine area. Have flexibility either before or after the 500. Will be home basing in Flagler Beach area.

Thanks for any information!

Bob

Book an inshore saltwater trip if you want to catch anything but mudfish or gar. Capt. Tommy Derringer St. Augustine Fishing Guide - Inshore Adventures

SJ River, including Crescent and George, have seen much better days.

3. Member
    Another one if you'll entertain an inshore trip.
    The Mosquito Lagoon is world famous for a reason.
    I've fished with Nate, he's a class act & beyond.

https://www.floridasightfishing.com/index.htm

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Another one if you'll entertain an inshore trip.
    The Mosquito Lagoon is world famous for a reason.
    I've fished with Nate, he's a class act & beyond.

https://www.floridasightfishing.com/index.htm
    Curious as to the last time you fished there and how often? From what I have been told, Indian river as a whole is hit or miss??

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Curious as to the last time you fished there and how often? From what I have been told, Indian river as a whole is hit or miss??
    Pre-COVID, probably a year or so before, it was a great fishery, grew up near it.
    Would suggest it regardless, there are no guarantees other than getting outdoors.
    And in mid-February, it's a crapshoot anywhere. Weather is very unpredictable.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post

Mosquito Lagoon is pretty much dead. No grass, turbid water, starving manatees. They were fed lettuce by hand to keep them alive earlier this year.

Any of the guides still down there exit mosquito lagoon and run thru haulover canal to fish the Indian River.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM64 View Post
    Mosquito Lagoon is pretty much dead. No grass, turbid water, starving manatees. They were fed lettuce by hand to keep them alive earlier this year.

Any of the guides still down there exit mosquito lagoon and run thru haulover canal to fish the Indian River.
    As noted in the other thread ... yet another reason to vacate Florida, it's nearly dead.

8. Member
    CC Corey guide service. (386) 325-3743. Look up The North Florida Angler on Youtube.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

9. Banned
    The whole lagoon system has lost what little grass it had prior to covid. The place is a desert from Titusville all the way to South of Sebastian Inlet. Has been for a couple of years prior to covid and no sign of it coming back. It USED to be a world class speckled trout fishery,but since the sharp decline of the water quality, it isn't worth the trip. Seeing more and more guides looking for work as it is very tough to make a living doing guided trips here. And even the Indian River is in bad shape. Welcome to Florida, now go home....

10. Member
    Jim Smith in Crescent City.