Looking at Nitro Z7 with 200hp?

Some one local has a 2010 Nitro Z7 with a 200 Optimax for sale. When I asked him how fast it will run he said 60 MPH which seem extremely slow to me. I know a guy who had a Triton Tr196 with dual power poles and a 200 Opti and it would run over 70 MPH, another guy I know with a Pro Craft 185 and Mercury XR6 150 will run 60. This boat has no power poles, but also no jack plate either, prop is a 26P Tempest. I haven't been to look at it yet but the guy doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable, I asked him what the RPMs where when running at full speed and he said he can't remember but he thought it was around 2K which makes no sense, so it is possible the he just doesn't know how to trim it out and drive it to get better speed. I know hooked hulls are an issue with some Z7s what should I look for If I go to look at it?

That kinda answers seems odd, I'd be leery already. Boat will be a 70+mph if it is a 200.

There is a hook on the outside section of the hull on both sides. There should not be any hook further in.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    That is slow. My Z7 with a 150 Opti PROxs runs 61 and I've had it to 63 once with my wife and I in it.
    Last edited by Bdog; 08-08-2022 at 02:59 PM.

4. Member
    Sounds like if he don't know much about the boat, you could probably give him a good offer and be the owner of a new to you boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrebass View Post
    Sounds like if he don't know much about the boat, you could probably give him a good offer and be the owner of a new to you boat.
    He has it listed for 15K, but I am not sure that I really want a fiberglass boat yet because of the areas I fish.

6. Member
    Something is definitely off with that one.

7. Member
    Check with NADA website. Pretty good site for boats. At least a good ballpark price for the boat.

He probably stops throttling it or trimming once it hits 60.