Cougar 203 Hybrid 1.5 year review

I've run my 2021 Cougar long enough to get a good sense of how it works for me. I've got 135 hours on it and ran 810 water miles in 9 days just last week. My top speed loaded, with 2 full tanks and two 190 pound guys is normally 70, switch to a 250 pound partner and it will drop to 68. I'm at 2400 feet above sea level, so our speeds here are always slower than most will get. I'm running a 23 Fury 3 worked by Gilbert, I haven't tried any other prop. The rough water ride and handling are fantastic, that was the primary reason I ordered it. I miss the big deck and max storage I had on my Lynx, but like the ride and nimble handling of the Cougar better. The 203 surfs the troughs much better than the Lynx and tacks across the waves better as well. The Lynx ran better running straight into the waves due to the long, deep keel My livewells have had team limits of 26-28 pound smallies, and several 25 pound limits just on my side in draw tournaments, no dead fish. If you're looking for a big water, all around Cat that will get you safely through big weather, but still be able to get you into the backwaters you should consider the 203 hybrid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your 203 Hybrid Mr. Dominick! By the way, I just spent 8 days visiting your beautiful state and it was simply breathtaking. Next time I'm going to sample some Ft. Peck smallmouth!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Let me know and I'll take you out, I just spent 9 days there!

4. Member
    Yes Sir, You got it. And I very much appreciate that offer.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

5. Member
    Last edited by Cbumpilori; 08-06-2022 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Need to delete!

6. Member
    Last edited by Cbumpilori; 08-06-2022 at 01:32 PM.

My wife even loves the Hybrid, she likes that the hull doesn't slap, it comes down on the next wave softer than my previous Cats.