2008 HPDI 250 questions: new purchase, what should be replaced/checked

Friend of mine is purchasing an 08 skeeter 21i for a great price. I want to help him by going over the engine and checking/replacing everything that should be done. The boat started and ran on the house flawlessly, owned by an elderly gentleman who took care of it and everything on thr boat and motor still looks new.

Motor has 141 hours on meter, was purchased in Alabama in 2012 with 41 hours. Under the cowling it states "all filters replaced 41 hours" by the marina in Alabama before sold. One of the filters behind plastic shroud says replaced 41 hours so I'm assuming all need attention.

First question being how many filters, where to get them and any guides on replacing? I'm planning on helping him replace all filters, spark plugs and making sure all systems are working properly.

This is his first big boat and big motor so I'm trying to set him up for success. This boat has spent 10 years being driven out of a small canal into lake Erie, taken out maybe 2 miles and drifted around and driven back, only been driven up the Detroit River a handful of times and the owner is definitely not the go fast and abuse stuff so I'm confident my friend is buying a gem.

Thank you.
    James

Vz250ftlr
    60x L 1006016H

2. Member
    Google up Yamaha hpdi annual maintenance schedule. Do an annual, replace the impeller too.

3. Member
    I would also send the injectors out and make sure to run high quality oil like yamalube.

4. Member
    Thanks guys, figure I can help ease his mind with the purchase by creating a plan on what to change out and monitor. I know the gentleman he's buying from took good care of it, but I know peace of mind for my friend is even better if we just do it now.

Planning on replacing all of the micro filters (been looking up that since last night). Going to clean oil filters, water separation filter, new gear lube just because and possibly impeller even though on the hose the water was strong coming out of exhaust and cooling hole. New spark plugs just cause and going to monitor running ring free as we are not 100% sure what the owner used until we ask him when we go back to pick up the boat.

5. Member
    Do ALL the fuel filters, have the injectors cleaned and prop the boat to the limiter 6k wide open. Don't lug it at 5200 WOT as a example. Run good premium fuel [rec fuel preferred] and it "should" live alot longer. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.