Fishing on Old Hickory is tougher than a two dollar steak LOL

The past two trips have been tough with warm water (85ish) hordes of little popcorn shad everywhere! I mean those little suckers look so thick you could walk on em. The grass is coming on good for a change and I had a few bites on a rat, but all the fish we caught were small. For some reason they are not pulling a lot of water in the mornings? Maybe it's better in the evening?

2. Member
    Sounds like my normal luck this time of year. I just can’t seem to ever figure them out.
    I haven’t been in 6 weeks due to work and dang heat. Looks like going be several weeks still.

Went today, very tough. Like you said those little shad are everywhere. We caught 4, 2 keepers biggest a little less than 3 lbs. Toughest day on OH in a long time.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

4. Banned
    Think out the norm and you will catch them.Fished there a bunch last year and had some really good days fishing my style.No big ones but numbers.

5. Moderator
    My son and I fished last Sunday evening around bull shoals up to the steam plant ramp. I put one in the boat and lost 3 more during the fight. Only thing I could get bit on was a small square bill. Like you said shad everywhere.