Anybody running an LVS12?

Ive seen some good deal on these LVS12 units. Anybody find a good use for it? I already have a LVS34 on a pole up front but was wondering if the 12 could be useful in conjunction?

Maybe transom mounted? Use to look out ahead for fish and obstructions? Or transom mounted looking out to the side when motoring around slowly?

2. Member
    I'm running an LVS12 with forward view on the transom of an 1860MV, have an LVS32 mounted on a pole that I generally keep in perspective view. I use the perspective view to search for fish, then with the forward view of the LVS12 I can see how deep they are, I don't get as much range with the LVS12 as you would with an LVS 32. Viewing the LVS12 on a Ultra 10 in screen I can start to see something out at about 70 ft just looks like possibly something, when it gets to 50ft the picture is pretty good, so that puts the fish 30 to 35 ft from me depending on where I'm standing on the front deck. I use the LVS 12 to get a general idea of what depth the fish are at, I don't try to use it try to target specific fish and only use it to watch my jig fall if the distance is less than about 35 ft from the transducer.

I orginally picked up the LVS12 due to cost, since then I bought a second LVS32 system used that I'll be installing at some point. My plan is to basically run one in perspective and the other in Foward most likely will mount the one in forward mode to the trolling motor shaft so I can just turn the trolling motor to see the fish rather than having to turn the whole boat like I do now with the LVS12 mounted to the transom.

3. Member
    I run them for ice fishing and have a transom mount (tiller boat). Works well in my opinion. Not for casting to but locating fish. I bought a second I am putting on my TM today and have a LVS 32 on a pole mount.

4. Member
    I run a 12 along with a 32. I find the 12 useful both forward or backward on the TM. Forward to watch for obstacles and backward for trolled lures. I fish lakes with lots of rocks.

Not me. Is this the model that came after the "P" series?
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsdaddy View Post
    Not me. Is this the model that came after the "P" series?
    No. This is the scaled down live Scope where you do not need the black box.