Banned

Re-wiring entire boat

I’ve got an 05 294 that I’m looking to totally re-wire, probably this winter. Any idea how big of a job this is? Anyone done it on a similar model? Got a few wiring issues now. Box lights don’t have power, power switch has odd voltage, accessory plug doesn’t work, front trim switch has an issue. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    You are a brave soul.

I would just focus on fixing what is wrong. Wiring the whole thing would be a nightmare.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by siubasser View Post
    You are a brave soul.

I would just focus on fixing what is wrong. Wiring the whole thing would be a nightmare.
    Maybe you should look behind the panels first, and decide if you want to pull new wires inder the decks and livewells or take the top cap off. I am experienced at wiring. If the people that built these boats didn't build the harnesses on big wiring loom boards and then transfer the looms into the open hulls I'd be shocked.
    It is going to make you proud if you do it. You should also winterize the motor and take it out of storage when you get finished.

4. Banned
    Well the guy before me took a lot of shortcuts, so it needs to be done

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Maybe you should look behind the panels first, and decide if you want to pull new wires inder the decks and livewells or take the top cap off. I am experienced at wiring. If the people that built these boats didn't build the harnesses on big wiring loom boards and then transfer the looms into the open hulls I'd be shocked.
    It is going to make you proud if you do it. You should also winterize the motor and take it out of storage when you get finished.
    Wiring in Stratos’ is crazy from what I’ve heard. Getting the wiring ran won’t be an issues, it’s just keeping things sorted out that I’m worried about. Surprisingly a ton of room from the back deck to the panel and carpet is already pulled to run from the panel to the bow

6. Member
    I'm going through the same thing. EVERYTHING was fixed with scotch locks. So far I've left the starting harness and nav/anc harness. Other than that, I've replaced pretty much everything.