Factory Boat cover. Opinion needed

So I have a 2018 z21. I thought I purchased the boat with the premium cover (black w/ white/tan middle section) with integrated motor cover. Thought I remember the nitro pros always having this cover at the time.
    From day one I was never happy with the cover. Doesn’t appear to be a travel cover. It catches to much wind and scuffed the boat pretty good the first use several years ago andthe side buckle straps are already started to fray and break down. Since then I’ve never used it except when storing outside on trips or service visits. I ordered the boat with a 52” ultrex so fit wasn’t the best to begin and now I have 360 and more graphs. Is it worth having this cover worked by a Upholstry shop? Should I just invest in a new cover. The new factory covers seem much better.
    Last edited by jasonG; 08-03-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    Nitro z21

2. Member
    If you go for a new cover check Aurora canvas. Great products and great people. Had one on my Procraft when I go rid of my boat for my new Nitro.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

3. Member
    Steinybass,

What Procraft did you have? I had a 2000 185DC with Mercury 150 Optimax. I sure do miss it, but I love my 2019 Z20 with 250 proXS 4 stroke.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrebass View Post
    Steinybass,

What Procraft did you have? I had a 2000 185DC with Mercury 150 Optimax. I sure do miss it, but I love my 2019 Z20 with 250 proXS 4 stroke.

I had a 1997 Procraft 180 bass dual console with a 150 hp Mariner. I traded it for my 2019 Nitro Z19. i also loved that boat. I bought both these boats brand new.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

5. Member
    IMO towing a boat with the cover on it only sets you up for disappointment. Ive seen it too many times across all manufacturers. The cover vibrates and you get gelcoat scuffing and you also wear out you expensive cover. The cover is also a nice sail behind the truck. You gain absolutely nothing my towing a boat with a cover on it. You might have a little less dirt and grime on the inside when you get to where you are going, but its nothing a little vacuuming, soap and water will not take care of.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    If you go for a new cover check Aurora canvas. Great products and great people. Had one on my Procraft when I go rid of my boat for my new Nitro.
    i have a Aurora cover on my 2009 nitro Z7 and love it.