Thread: Water in bilge

Water in bilge

On the last trip out, which has been several weeks ago, we had water in the bilge that caused the pump to run about 30 seconds, then came back on several minutes later for about 10 seconds. When we got the boat on the trailer the drain plug was tight and when loosened, very little water came out. So the confusion? When we went to launch, a big Tourney was going out, so we pulled to the side to get out of the way and while floated we did take some water over the rear but I didn't think it was as much as what got pumped out 6 hours later. Is it possible for 1 of the hoses going to the livewell is leaking? I plan on launching this weekend and see if I can get a look at the hoses and connection. Thanks
    2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

Also check cartridge housings on the livewell pumps and the fitting on the overflow. They get stepped on and hit by batteries causing a crack on older fittings. The fittings get brittle from gases venting while charging, so be sure you crack a lid when charging.

Thank you. Being a fire guy, the lid is always open for venting. How hard is it to replace cartridges and fitting?
    2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

Quote Originally Posted by BassKat1 View Post
    Thank you. Being a fire guy, the lid is always open for venting. How hard is it to replace cartridges and fitting?
    Very simple for both