Thread: new PRO XS

new PRO XS

Quick question on propellor shafts on the new 4 stroke Pro XS and the old 2 stroke. I got a 4 stroke recently, and went to put on a different mercury prop (tempest that i use to pull the kids on the tube) and it wouldnt fit. And the old sleeve i used to use was not the right size either. Did they change the prop shaft size? Is there a new sleeve to use?
    Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Mine is a 1 1/4" fat shaft. Your prop likely has a 1" shaft size hub.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

mine was same way...
    have to get new style HUB kit...i believe its called the SSR style?
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Quick question on propellor shafts on the new 4 stroke Pro XS and the old 2 stroke. I got a 4 stroke recently, and went to put on a different mercury prop (tempest that i use to pull the kids on the tube) and it wouldnt fit. And the old sleeve i used to use was not the right size either. Did they change the prop shaft size? Is there a new sleeve to use?
    Thanks in advance
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor