water pressure gauge and solenoid

So far no help from the Triton board. New to me 2016 21 TRX. Water pressure gauge stuck at 20 psi. How can I tell if the solenoid is bad or the gauge is bad? And where can I get a replacement solenoid if need be?

solenoids.jpeg

2. Member
    Most boat water press gauges are operated by water press from your engine. Yours has wires to it? Can you verify that your water press gauge doesn't have a water line to it?

3. Member
    If it indeed has a water line going to it, disconnect the line on the gauge, then run the motor to see if you have water to the gauge. Possibly clogged with debris.

4. Member
    Water pressure gauge only has a wire harness going to it from one of the solenoids/actuators in the pic. There is no water line going to the gauge, only to the solenoids.

5. Member
    Then take the ground wire off the gauge and put a jumper wire to a KNOWN good ground. The needle should deflect fully to the right, remove it and should go to zero.

6. Member
    I have the same setup on my 2013 Ranger 521 with 250 SHO. I have not been able to locate a place to purchase the sending unit. I did clear some debris in the water line going from the engine to the sending unit, but that still didn't allow me to register anything on the gauge once reattached. If you find a place to order the sending unit, please post in this thread. The advice above is a good way to troubleshoot and ensure the gauge is not faulty.

7. Member
    I took the water line off the sending unit and blew some compressed air into it with the ignition on and the gauge moved, but then stayed at 30 psi and will only go down a little if you smack the gauge. I have a new gauge on order. Hopefully that does it.

8. mikesxpress
    It's an analog gage fed by water pressure. The wiring is to light the gage. You will want to add a tap drain to empty the water to the gage during below freezing temperatures or it will damage the gage again.

Better option is to replace the gage with an electronic fed one if you have that option for your engine.

9. Member
    It is an electronically fed gauge. The water line goes to a solenoid, not the gauge itself.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    It's an analog gage fed by water pressure. The wiring is to light the gage. You will want to add a tap drain to empty the water to the gage during below freezing temperatures or it will damage the gage again.

Better option is to replace the gage with an electronic fed one if you have that option for your engine.
    Errr, I'd say no it's not a water fed gauge. It utilizes a transducer from the water pressure to make an analog process voltage to the actual gauge.
    His pic shows 2 transducers, one for psi and the other for speedometer most likely.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

11. Member
    After looking at the pictures several times, the insulation washers are cracked on the lower sender. IF that is the pressure sender, water may have gotten in and corroded the sender.

12. Member