Megog in Newport,VT.

Heading up next week for a week. Never been. Any tips what to throw and kinda where to fish would be outstanding. thanks for any help in advance. I am towing up my boat. Couldnt find much info online.

2. Member
    Smallmouth wonderland. Watch your border.

3. Member
    good fliping and pitching in VT depending on water level, if going north some nice humps with defined grass lines ( in the past haven't been in a few years) good luck great place

Make sure you check in with customs if you are heading north
    The border patrol has some big guns and some big motors

5. Member
    Was seriously thinking about getting both vt and canada licenses. Would really suck having border patrol with their big motors and big guns chasing me. LOL

6. Member
    Haven't been there in few yrs. I'm a friend of Keven Baril on Facebook who lives up there post nice pics of smallies he told me you only need licenses for both no more border check in

7. Moderator
    If you fish Canada watch out for the perch fishermen. Last time I fished north of the boarder there they were everywhere.

Peter,

I was there a few years ago. FYI, if you are using the ramp on the west side north of Newport, do not leave anything valuable in your truck. The border is less than 5 miles away and they've had vandalism from the people coming over the border and hitting the vehicles in the lot. I would recommend launching in downtown Newport or the South Bay ramp. If you launch at South Bay there are 3 small bridges to go under to get to the main lake. From Downtown Newport, you're in the main lake. In South Bay you can fish south down the river also. Lots of smallies there for sure and probably deep at this time. All my trips up there were always in the middle of May, usually pre spawn. I couldn't tell you what to use this time of year.
    Also, when we were there we were in Canada and a guy there told us we needed to go across to a point where you can notify Canadian officials, so you can fish on their side as long as you remain offshore. I don't know how it works now. Any questions, just shoot me a PM.
    Oh, if you're hungry, The East Side Restaurant was great when we were there, I'm sure it still is. There's an Italian place Lago Trattoria that is ok also.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

9. Scraps
    Kin do some froggin' too from what I remember.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    Thanks for everyones advise. Very quiet and relaxing. Lets see what I can convince these fish to eat!

11. Member
    Drop shot and neds is about all they will touch here on Champlain. Good luck

12. Member
    East Side Restaurant is great, we ate there last summer and it was really good.