Plug wire lifespan

How often should the spark plug wires be changed? (on a 60 degree looper if it matters).
    Last edited by Ganno595; 08-02-2022 at 12:15 PM.

2. Member
    parts on boats were built to last almost forever any rubs or burns on them?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    One has electrical tape on it. On rhere when I got it

4. Member
    Look at them running at night to see spark jumping .

5. Member
    I ordered new ones. It was more of a curiosity question. But running it at night is a great idea!.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganno595 View Post
    I ordered new ones. It was more of a curiosity question. But running it at night is a great idea!.
    if something is bugging me I correct it, might help might not but I move on in my head (to another issue at times)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    if something is bugging me I correct it, might help might not but I move on in my head (to another issue at times)
    Well all I can say is you and I are one in the same in that aspect. I just bought this boat and am getting it to a point where my head will let me have some peace. But I'm also a tinker-er and just like to do things to keep my mind active. I certainly don't think the parts people mind.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganno595 View Post
    Well all I can say is you and I are one in the same in that aspect. I just bought this boat and am getting it to a point where my head will let me have some peace. But I'm also a tinker-er and just like to do things to keep my mind active. I certainly don't think the parts people mind.
    brothers from a different mother than!!! sound like me to a tee!!!

inherited a nice but far from perfect basscat from dad and just sold it. was a great fishing rig but lots of little issues would have drove me crazy correcting them all even if not causing any issues at all just cosmetics

maybe it is the auto tech in us??
    MAGA

Spritz Windex on the wires at night while running. If there are any cracks or tears you will see the results. Also ohm check the wires, they are the gray colored ones
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    Spritz Windex on the wires at night while running. If there are any cracks or tears you will see the results. Also ohm check the wires, they are the gray colored ones
    They are they grey wires now. The ones I ordered are blue from CDI. Am I looking for a specific reading or just general continuity

11. Member
    1000 ohms per foot if my memory serves me???????????????????????????????????
    MAGA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    brothers from a different mother than!!! sound like me to a tee!!!

inherited a nice but far from perfect basscat from dad and just sold it. was a great fishing rig but lots of little issues would have drove me crazy correcting them all even if not causing any issues at all just cosmetics

maybe it is the auto tech in us??
    It's very possible. I consider myself more of a small engine mechanic than an auto tech. I also love restoring chainsaws. I just make a living in the auto industry accessory world. Lifts, leather, audio, window tint, etc.