New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

How is everyone finding the water levels where they fish???

We need some serious rain which we are not getting ,lakes and ponds are really starting to show it . Some that I have been on are at really late August levels and no rain in site , could make late Aug to Sept pretty tough launching at some others not as much probably spring fed...????
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Central Fl lakes are in sad shape. I’m afraid the rain we need will come in the form of a hurricane.

Lakes are down 12-14” so late summer fishing will be limited where you can go.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Been on current-fed waters for the last few weeks, with one exception - which was down about 8". The gravel ramps on some of those places can get a bit steep about now.

5. Member
    Down everywhere I've been. Seems southern and central Vermont hasn't been too bad, those places are only down about a foot or so. Champlain is down pretty bad from what I saw last weekend. Lot of places in southern and southwestern NH are very low right now. This is pretty sad we're in the 4th significant drought in the last 6 years I think?

Here in Maine, down a lot. I saw some shoreline rocks that from high mark to the water level it is now, about a 2 ft difference.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO