Fury or Tempest plus

This may be a long post but I hope someone can help! I have a 2021 Ranger Z519 with a 225 pro xs V8. Prop to pad is currently 3 inches but I’ve tried different heights. I have 2 new stock props. I want to have Croxton work one but I cannot decide which one. The props and performance are below!

Fury 3 23 pitch
    5750 rpm
    64 mph
    Holeshot is poor and boat seems to not have much lift wot.

Tempest Plus 23 pitch
    5860 rpm
    62.3 mph
    decent Holeshot, better lift than the fury but slower! I’ve never really felt like I’ve had this boat fully on pad as I have had other boats in the past, bow up feeling light little squirrelly best top speed. I know I need more rpms for sure!My boat has no piles, but dies have 4 AGM batteries , average load of tackle and no water in wells with these numbers! I can’t keep buying props so which between the two would you have sent off to be worked?? I would appreciate all opinions! Thank you

2. Member
    I’d sell one and talk to Mark about one of his Razor 4XL’s. Different motor but same HP and similar sled, I run a 25 but the 4 stroke probably isn’t going to want that much pitch. My boat is loaded with tackle and X2 AGM’s and it snaps out of the hole, mid range is really responsive, and it’s the most stable prop I’ve ran on the big end. For me this prop carries the whole hull so much better and if you want to let it go it will lift the whole boat. I really don’t have many places with enough real state and no boat traffic to see top speed but it will hit 67-68 consistently.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

I'm not a fan of 3 blades for any kind of a load.... They are good for top speed when light. That's about it. The advice above is solid.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member

Which pitch

[QUOTE=XingEyeballs;12611181]I’d sell one and talk to Mark about one of his Razor 4XL’s. Different motor but same HP and similar sled, I run a 25 but the 4 stroke probably isn’t going to want that much pitch. My boat is loaded with tackle and X2 AGM’s and it snaps out of the hole, mid range is really responsive, and it’s the most stable prop I’ve ran on the big end. For me this prop carries the whole hull so much better and if you want to let it go it will lift the whole boat. I really don’t have many places with enough real state and no boat traffic to see top speed but it will hit 67-68 consistently.[/QUO

i had same year and size ranger as you! I put a 225 G2 on it and ran an RX4 prop that Mark worked for me! All I can say is WOW! Nobody could beat me out of the hole or catch up to me!! This new Z519 seems to be a different animal! Not impressed with the V8 Merc at all👎! Wonder which pitch in the Razor xl would keep my Rpms close to max??

5. Member
    reading the OP's comments sounds like I could have written it myself. I've run a 22p Fury true pitched up to 6k around 64mph. I've run my 23p fury box prop to around 5600 at 65mph and my 23p tempest to about the same. I'm coming off of an R93 with a 200 G2 and that boat would run 68-70 all day. I'm not impressed with the Mercury to say the least. The G2 would eat the Merc's lunch all day long. I'm going to send my 23 fury into Mark once I get some good numbers for him. Merc dealer said he would get me in around 2 weeks from now to check the demand linear. Not sure what to do with this boat.

My holeshot with all 3 props is excellent since I added lithiums.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

6. Member
    Let us know what you find out with the demand linear please!