Tire close to fender

2007 Ranger Trail single axle with torsion axle. One side the clearance is fine but the other side is very close to fender. Cannot stick finger between tire and fender. Is there any adjustment to resolve this?
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

2. Member
    I don’t recall the years specially but I think Ranger started using torsion axles around 2005-2006 and I think this was a problem with the early ones. Guys I knew had to replace the axle as the rubber that provides the “suspension” would fail and allow the sag. That said, the newer versions are clamped onto the axle spline and can be loosened and adjusted some. Moving on it’s own would have to have skipped on the splines.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

They also had issues with the bolt that holds swing arm to the axle spline.
    Original would not stay tight as it would stretch--- Heard they went to a grade 8 bolt to stop issue.
    Just throwing that out there----if yours has stretched IMO it could cause the problem you have.

The torsion axle has a ride height adjustment by pulling the arm off of splines and turning. I have done this a couple times as I changed tire sizes.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    I have a EZ Loader trailer. Single axle. I noticed that one side was significantly lower than the other. Looked at everything and couldn't pinpoint why, until one day I looked REALLY CLOSE and Kaboom! One of the leafspring bolts was Missing. The leafspring was just resting on the bracket and because of rust, etc was hard to see!