Starting battery question

I have a question regarding my starting battery, the boat is in my signature. I purchased an x2 Power battery back in 2017 and I think it is on its way out. I will have a garage test it but when I start the boat it triggers the 11v alarm on my graphs and sometimes the graphs will shut off, yesterday at the end of a tournament I thought I might need the jump switch but it made it. The battery has been an absolute beast but wondering if there are other options out there that work as well but don't cost $400? I only run 2 Helix units and a single Talon, I want to stay with an AGM and asking if I should cry once, buy once and just get another x2 or if something like Walmart, Costco, Autozone, etc. have AGM's that work but don't cost as much.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

2. Member
    Surprised to hear that you’re having issues already, I run a lot more electronics and a bigger ETEC(takes more cranking amps) and haven’t had issues with the X2 at all and I don’t use the outboard for much charging in the day.
    Just curious, is the charger ok? Being north due you pull the batteries/maintain them in the off season? Only reason I ask is that will kill any battery.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    I think the consensus is that is the right battery if you want to stay with AGM vs a Lithium option. I would say 5 years is pretty good for a starting battery. I just can't consider going back to a 80lb battery again LOL! There are some cheaper AGM's, but make sure you look at their specs vs the X2.

4. Member
    So the battery checked good on a garage tester. I cleaned up all the connections and will try it again. I did cold store the boat last year for the first time and I did not pull the battery so maybe something happened? It’s been running since April though
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Surprised to hear that you’re having issues already, I run a lot more electronics and a bigger ETEC(takes more cranking amps) and haven’t had issues with the X2 at all and I don’t use the outboard for much charging in the day.
    +1

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    I would look at the charger also. My 2014 MK 4 bank crapped out after 6 years. Went to a Noco and saw a big performance difference, maybe the MK was never working properly.