couple of questions

I am original owner of a Pantera Classic, 2004 vintage.

1. What holds my rubrail on? I found some areas where it is loose (can pull away from boat about 1/16" or so). And does Basscat sell these fasteners? I didn't see on store website.
    2. My bilge get water in it, but only when using livewell. Could this be due to leaky original livewell hoses/clamps? If so, does Bassscat sell hose? I didn't see on store website.

Many thanks,

Mike

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    2. My bilge get water in it, but only when using livewell. Could this be due to leaky original livewell hoses/clamps? If so, does Bassscat sell hose? I didn't see on store website.

Many thanks,

Mike
    Not sure about 94, but the present day Classic has livewells that drain into the bilge. I would first check the plug in the bottom if it has one.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

3. Member
    https://basscatstore.com/rubrailrivets.aspx

https://basscatstore.com/rubrailrivets.aspx

make sure the old rivet is not still in hole. it likely is punch it out and install new rivets
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Mactlman - Sone of a gun, I missed them - thanks much.

PMantle, mine is a pump-in and uses gravity to allow water out (no pump-out feature...and it doesn't go to bilge). Is there a certain hose material I want to use (or stay away from)?any particular hosing to use for

5. Member
    1. already answered but yes rivets
    2. I had a 2004 Sabre and I was getting water from the livewell into the compartments. I needed to put a bead of silicone around the top of the livewell where the deck met the livewell. 2004 was the first year of storage on the back deck and it was apparently overlooked in mine. Could also be leaking hose, pump etc. If you want to replace the hose just use the clear stuff you can get from Menards or Home Depot, it's cheaper and way more flexible. Been using it for years without a problem. Inch and an eighth or inch and a half ID I think.

6. Member
    I would fill the livewells with the boat out of the water and see if any water gets into the bilge. If so, then you probably have a leak in the hose or fittings. If not, then it could just be water coming out the over flow while running with full livewells.

7. Member
    Thanks all.

ranger185 that is a great idea, and I will run pumps too. I just replaced the bilge and livewell pump cartirdges, so that may be the issue.