Megalive source lost

Guys, I was fishing with my dad this weekend. Several times the Helix gen 3 would display "megalive source lost, turn off, confirm yes or no". Is this a connection issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    I bought my ML in late Feb. Worked fine for a month with no issues. Fast forward another month and I got the same message.

My unit is also a gen 3 Helix which is not networked. The message would appear when I first fired everything up in the am as I launched the boat.

The test page showed that ML was in fact connected and the ML screen would come up along with depth and range markers......just no returns.

I tried everything I knew to fix the problem but never was successful, I even completely unplugged the transducer cable from the unit. The only thing that would fix the issue was an arbitrary amount of time until the next fishing trip where sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

Nonetheless, it eventually malfunctioned for something non related to this issue and humminbird replaced the transducer.

The first day after getting it installed again, I took it out and it did the same thing. " mega live source lost Yada yada"

I was livid of course, called humminbird tech support again
    And was able to talk to someone a little higher up than the tech guy..

She said to make sure to get video and pics for the purpose of troubleshooting the next time it happened.

Not long after that the new update came out and I have not had any trouble so far after two outings but we'll see.

You're the first person I've seen that has had this problem other than myself so I wanted to give my you my accounts as well.

If this happens to you again and are able to find a fix however it may come, throw it on here as I will do the same.

Thanks and good luck.

3. Member
    Appreciate your input. Surely we aren't the only ones with thus bad luck.