Charging Lithiums and AGM/Lead at the same time?

Possible? These chargers, like the NOCO that can do multiple battery types...is a 3 bank charger able to charge 2 lithiums (trolling motor) and an AGM cranker? Or should this be separated with chargers? I dont want 2 diff chargers, but I won't be going to lithiums for the cranker any time soon.

Thanks.

SONNN
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

Not a problem as long as different banks can be set individually. NOCO GenPro and Minn Kota PCL are the two best going right now.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    NOCO GenPro!

4. Member
    My MK precision does my 3 Ionics and 1 AGM starting battery

5. Member
    The Noco Genius 10x3 is what I run and I charge a pair of Amped 80ah lithiums as well as a group 31 AGM starting battery. It has a button for each bank to be able to select which type of battery you are charging.

6. Member
    Perfect, thanks much fellas.
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

7. Member
    You can think of the different banks in a charger as individual chargers. So as long as there is a setting on one bank, it doesn't matter what you set the other banks to. They are separate chargers.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    I'm not familiar with the others, but one of the features I like about the NOCO is that each bank can be shut down individually, so I can leave the cranking battery on maintenance and leave the lithiums alone until I want them up to 100% for a day out. They charge fast @ 10 amps.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim619 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the others, but one of the features I like about the NOCO is that each bank can be shut down individually,
    Does this require actually touching the charger? It's really tough for me to get where mine is installed.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Does this require actually touching the charger? It's really tough for me to get where mine is installed.
    Yes it does.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    What setting are the guys with MK percision chargers using?

Dual Pro will charge both AMG and Lithium at the same time.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spell173 View Post
    What setting are the guys with MK percision chargers using?
    AGM
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

14. Member
    Thanks, im about to get a set of X2 lithium and just checking.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Yes it does.
    Is this a one time thing when installed, or every time its plugged in the settings have to be chosen?
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

16. Member
    I run two Impulse TM batteries and AGM starting battery. Noco single bank and Impulse Charge on the Run (Stealth) charger and have had good results.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNN View Post
    Is this a one time thing when installed, or every time its plugged in the settings have to be chosen?
    With the Noco it remembers which setting you chose upon first startup. Same thing for my stand-alone charger for the livescope battery. I think most are a set it and forget it.

18. Member
    You might want 2 charges as the lithiums do not need to on the charger all the time like the AGM. My last set up was 2x 12v lithiums and AGM for cranking. The lithiums would take me at least 2 trips and never go below 50%. But the AGM needed to go on a charge when I came off the water. Plus the lithiums don't like to sit unused on a full charge. So if they needed a charge I just plugged them in the night before. I had a 3 bank Minn kota pc charger that I ended up disconnecting the cracking bank. I picked up a small portable smart charger for the AGM and used the minn kota pc for the lithiums. Worked great. I have new lithiums on the way for new rig, difference is now it's a 36v set up.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    You might want 2 charges as the lithiums do not need to on the charger all the time like the AGM. My last set up was 2x 12v lithiums and AGM for cranking. The lithiums would take me at least 2 trips and never go below 50%. But the AGM needed to go on a charge when I came off the water. Plus the lithiums don't like to sit unused on a full charge. So if they needed a charge I just plugged them in the night before. I had a 3 bank Minn kota pc charger that I ended up disconnecting the cracking bank. I picked up a small portable smart charger for the AGM and used the minn kota pc for the lithiums. Worked great. I have new lithiums on the way for new rig, difference is now it's a 36v set up.
    I just shut off the NOCO banks connected to the lithiums. The old school lead acid cranking battery gets left on maintenance mode.