Javelin 389 150 Johnson prop help

We just lost the prop on our boat. It fell off as we were pulling into the dock. Anyone know what I should be looking for as a replacement. I really have no idea what was on it other than it was a 4 blade. The boat is a 1991 javelin 389 with a 150 Johnson fast strike on it. The previous owner told us that he was told that the first motors of this production year were hotter and that it was actually more of a 175hp if that makes a difference. Can anyone give me some idea of what brand, pitch, and diameter we should be looking at to replace it.

24 raker was standard. A tempest plus is a good option and Marks razor 3 is a good option as well.

Had a 96 389/ fastrike combo....loved that boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    24 raker was standard. A tempest plus is a good option and Marks razor 3 is a good option as well.

Had a 96 389/ fastrike combo....loved that boat.
    There was a prop shop right by where we were staying so we stopped by on the way out. He said he sold a bunch of these boats back in the day and they rigged them with a 22 raker. He had a used 22 that he sold us for $200. We'll see how it works. My dad never runs it over about 30-40 mph anyway so top speed is not important to him. If it doesn't run well, it was cheap enough we can trade it out. The owner of the resort is going to look for our prop too so we may end up with a spare. It's only in about 6-7 feet of water but we aren't sure exactly where it fell off at.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    We just lost the prop on our boat. It fell off as we were pulling into the dock. Anyone know what I should be looking for as a replacement. I really have no idea what was on it other than it was a 4 blade. The boat is a 1991 javelin 389 with a 150 Johnson fast strike on it. The previous owner told us that he was told that the first motors of this production year were hotter and that it was actually more of a 175hp if that makes a difference. Can anyone give me some idea of what brand, pitch, and diameter we should be looking at to replace it.
    If it had 4 blades it would have been a Renegade, I believe...
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150