When a 4lber hurts....

Fished camp this weekend. Friday night didnt get up till late and the daughter wanted to fish so we hit the crappie hard and did well. Last night no one wanted to go and since I caught absolutely nothing all day I figured to try the night bite. Rigged up the M Bucco wake gill(thanks 603) and by 10 pm was off and fishing. Within 30 minutes I had caught more 5" rock bass on a 6" wakebait than I care to count. Then it happened, I heard the splash felt the rod tighten and before you know it I boat flipped a 4+. That is when shit went downhill. I lipped it via petzel headlamp and all was good till it freaked and the next thing i know i have a treble in my middle finger. I then freaked and body slammed the fish to the carpet like i was in the WWE. Needless to say the fish swam away and thanks to help from some HD metal snips i was okay as well. Maybe I will stick to daylight dropshot fishing from now on......

2. Member
    Glad it worked out without medical intervention. I've got to start using a gripper with all the C-bait fishing I'm doing.

Glad you were able to get the hook out.
    I've had some pretty close calls.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

ouch!!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

5. Moderator
    Hate when that happens.