Question Beede Smartcraft gauge.

Have a 2014 Basscat Eyra w/250 Mercury Pro XS. The smartcraft gauge is part of the tach and it went nuts, changing modes rapidly. After playing with the mode buttons, It finally stopped changing modes, but then displayed the following... T1 403, T2 402.7, T3 402.7. At one point, it also showed a symbol like the connection was broken. In troubleshooting, I found a badly corroded plug and harness receptacle coming from the separate mode selector switch that Basscat uses. I cleaned up the connection the best I could and the broken connection symbol went away on the readout, but it now reads...T1 0 w/arrow pointing at this, T2 402.7, T3 402.7. I don't know what this means and if it is a matter of resetting the gauge, how is this accomplished? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    any manuals on resetting dash functions come with boat new ????? might be one for the bass cat crew , sorry sir
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    No, I bought the boat used.

4. Member
    I have had the same issue. Typically, it is the push pad for the gauge. The push pad (cant remember the actual name) is only about $20.00. Most of the time I have these issues is when the boat gets real wet. The broken connection means it is not communicating with the motor. At this time you would not show any information such as WP, WT, etc.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ^^^ Quite likely.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I have had to replace the up/down arrow pad on my Eyra twice now, and the gauge LED screen went out and was replaced as well. BCB doesn't have them on their website, but if you call parts they will be able to get you NOS that they have on hand. I replaced mine a couple months ago.
    Kyle Smith
    Texas Boat Works, Fort Worth, TX
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 (Deleted)
    2011 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Pro XS
    BASB08005G011 / SN: 2B017333