AVX1980 porpoising

Just got this boat a week ago. My last boat was a Ranger RT178c and I didn't have porpoising this often. If I did I trimmed down a small amount and it stopped. I'm mostly noticing it when I slow down. Before taking a wake or right after I come out of a turn. Is it that I just need to learn how to trim it correctly or is it most likely loaded incorrectly? If I trim back down it will stop. I've not had a boat this big or fast so it's different for sure. The trim gauge stays toward the lower half of the gauge making it difficult to see how much it's trimmed.
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury 150 Pro XS
    Bow: Garmin 106sv & Livescope Plus
    Console: Garmin 106sv
    https://www.youtube.com/@fishnitup

You will just need to
    learn how to trim the boat for what your doing. Its not a set it and forget type deal. Trim up as you speed up and trim down as you slow down. You’ll get the hang of it. I came out of a Skeeter that was a propoising machine.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Your issue sounds familiar, I just went from a Tracker pt175 similar to your Ranger it had a 50 merc 2 stroke. 3 weeks ago I took delivery of my new 22' 1880 with a 115 Merc. 1st couple times out I had it purposing too, I've found the boat likes being trimmed down more than up. When you start from a dead stop trim it all the way down, nail the throttle you will feel the boat jump up on plane, once this happens slowly bump up the trim again at least mine doesn't like being trimmed up much. You will feel the ride get smooth, you can adjust trim by listening to the engine and watching your rpms. Also something I've learned, if your taking a turn while up on plane, trim down a little and it will cut better.

4. Member
    Thanks for the responses. I figured I was doing something wrong. Gives me a reason to fish more.
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury 150 Pro XS
    Bow: Garmin 106sv & Livescope Plus
    Console: Garmin 106sv
    https://www.youtube.com/@fishnitup