Livescope LVS32 and Mega 360installtion questions

Installing both this week. The LS will have an Echomap 1022 as it's display. I plan on running a dedicated 8ga run with a battery cut off switch to the LS. I plan on making a dedicated run of 12ga for the Mega 360 as well. Here are my questions:

1. Can I run power to the Mega 360 to the same battery cut off switch that I am installing for the LS?

2. Would it cause any issues if I place a terminal block at bow of the dedicated 12ga run for the Mega 360 and run the 360 and the 1022 unit for LS off that same terminal block?

3. Would it be better to run the 1022 on same 8ga power for the LS?

4. Will the Perspective mount be worth it since I am adding M360 as well? I plan on using the TM mount for the LS and the M360 is on a quick disconnect mount.

Thanks

2. Member
    I have a Skeeter 2021 FXR and run the LVS32 on a Garmin 8612, PS22 on a Garmin 7610 and Mega 360 on Helix. Ran 10 GA wiring for each unit and the LVS32 and PS22 and they all route to the back where they go to a terminal block. From the terminal block I have a cut off perko switch that goes to an isolated battery for electronics with no issues or interference.

I installed perspective mount and found it valuable when fishing docks, otherwise I use 360 to isolate structure.

1. Yes

2. Would recommend separate wiring to eliminate issues.

3. Keep unit and LS on separate wiring runs.

This is the wiring I used: https://www.amazon.com/GearIT-Marine...s%2C150&sr=8-9
    Last edited by stewartplumb; 07-31-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks

4. Member
    I personally ran separate 10 AWG for my 360, LS, and Garmin and Humminbird graphs up front. Probably overkill, in hindsight I think running one 8 gauge wire up front and splitting on a terminal block would've been fine.

I don't think it's worth putting the perspective mount on when you have 360. Very limited use, I don't think it's worth the added bulk and complexity of the perspective mode mount when you have 360 already.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I am confused to the answer to Mark's #3 question:

I power the 1022 display on my normal boat battery.
    I power the LS on a dedicated 30AH lithium.

Should I be running both items off the 30AH battery or continue to run the system as I am currently?
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    I am confused to the answer to Mark's #3 question:

I power the 1022 display on my normal boat battery.
    I power the LS on a dedicated 30AH lithium.

Should I be running both items off the 30AH battery or continue to run the system as I am currently?
    If you aren't having any issues, I wouldn't try to fix them. Some of the electronics wiring advice is pretty crazy in the boat world, and the placebo effect is real when it comes to some of these sonar wiring kits and massively oversizing wiring going into graphs

Are some boats factory wiring harness kits insufficient for running all the stuff we have now? Sure, but at the end of the day its relatively light electrical load, and interference is far more common on the transducer side of wiring vs the power side.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Thank you Mcjenson.
    I have ran a 12ga wire from my cranking batter for my deck lights, old Fish Finder, a spot light, ...
    When I installed the live scope, I ran 10ga from the stern Lithium Battery to the bow.
    I did, this afternoon, connect the display (1022) to the same wiring as the power to the GLS 10. This way the Live Scope system is isolated on the Lithium battery.
    Thank you.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest