Question about Mega 360 and Livescope installation

Installing both this week. The LS will have an Echomap 1022 as it's display. I am planning on running a dedicated run of 8ga with a battery cut off switch to the LS. I plan on making a dedicated run of 12ga for the Mega 360as well. Here are my questions:

1. Can I run power to the Mega 360 to the same battery cut off switch that I am installing for the LS?

2. Would it cause any issues if I place a terminal block at bow of the dedicated 12ga run for the Mega 360 and run the 360 and the 1022 unit for LS off that same terminal block?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 07-31-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Yes if they are fused separately using the proper fuse size for each.

You need a fuse/circuit breaker at the battery and then fuses for each device.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Question 1, depends on what kind of switch and terminal block you install & which battery you are considering to run to. A switch like a blue seas and a fused terminal blocked would handle it all. Kinda installing the same outfit skeeter put in the back but up front. Assescibility is the key to the location.
    If you Wire it like that, switch in the back and power to fused terminal block up front. You might install a I dependant switch for m360 like humminbird suggests. Having both M360 and LS on a switch makes them rebootable if you have a problem or you can shut one off if desired.
    Good luck with your choices.

4. Member
    I have 3 separate Blue Sea fuse panels ... each fuse panel circuit with a breaker at the battery and a master Perko kill switch for all 3 circuits combined ...

*Fuse panel 1 at the rear for console units and boat accessories- (6 gauge wire from breaker 1), (10 gauge to console units) ...

*Fuse panel 2 at the bow for bow units - (6 gauge wire from breaker 2), (10 gauge to bow units) ...

*Fuse panel 3 (additional toggle switch) at the bow for 360, AS ETH 5XPG, Minn Kota heading sensor puck, GLS10, HB TS3 Switch (10 gauge wire from breaker 3) ...

(And a separate Perko and breaker for trolling batteries circuit) ...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 07-31-2022 at 08:47 PM.

Thank you all for the help!