Visiting Southern California this week, questions…

Hey all,

I’m visiting family in so cal (Claremont CA) this week and I was wondering if there are any options for fishing that I’m missing while out there. Last time I was out i rented a boat out of Diamond valley marina and had a great time, so doing that again is my plan, but figured I’d ask around here and see if there’s anything that I’m missing for options. Are there any other lakes in the area that rent boats like Diamond Valley that fish equally well?
    Is Diamond valley still considered to be fishing pretty well (I assume all lakes are currently in some degree of drought conditions)?
    For shore fishing is there a best option around the area (looking at puddinstone because it’s close)?

thanks in advance for any help!

2. Member
    Full day, overnight or 1.5 day trip for bluefin out of Seaforth Landing, Fisherman’s Landing, HM landing or Point Loma. Tons of boats to pick from and you can rent a rod or two from the landing you go out of. Bass fishing will never be the same for you though. :)

3. Member
    Lol thanks. I might have to look into that next time, but made the boat res at Diamond valley already. Nothing can ruin bass fishing for me, I think anyway!

4. Member
    Perris is a good lake to rent a boat. The rental boats are better at Diamond valley though. Puddingstone is your top choice for bank fishing in the area and only 10-15 minutes from Claremont. Look into silverwood too. Drop shot and senkos are your best bet.

5. Member
    I fish diamond valley most every weekend, any questions just ask

Quote Originally Posted by plki View Post
    I fish diamond valley most every weekend, any questions just ask
    I used to live in Hemet, ca. I fished DVL a lot back then. It was Great bass and Trout fishery.
    I hear the lake has turned into a striper lake?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Still plenty of 3-5lb largemouth average fish. Huge bluegill, caught a 3lb+ bluegill on a Norman dd22. Great fight. Plenty of stripers for those that target them. They have not hurt the awesome fishery.

8. Member
    Now days, the planter trout are just a few nice meals for big largemouth and stripers.