Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice work

2. #FRB
    If I need to redo livewell plumbing I'm just going to plug the hole below the waterline and call it a day. Don't use it anyway because I catch and release and don't tournament fish. If I keep the boat long enough it will probably come to that.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Great job

2009 ELITE 210

4. Member
    Bilge diving/livewell work should be listed as a specialized career. The person should be no taller than 4'5", have child size hands, parience of a monk, has being a contortionist as a hobby, and is able to stand on ones head for over 30 minutes at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Bilge diving/livewell work should be listed as a specialized career. The person should be no taller than 4'5", have child size hands, parience of a monk, has being a contortionist as a hobby, and is able to stand on ones head for over 30 minutes at a time.
    An extra hand on the same arm would be nice at times.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    An extra hand on the same arm would be nice at times.
    Don’t forget the 4’ arms with two elbows each.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Looks great. Nice rig.

Be careful working in bilges. I got a really bad infection in a cut exposed to the bilge dirt and grime

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Be careful working in bilges. I got a really bad infection in a cut exposed to the bilge dirt and grime
    Not surprised.
    Good trick to clean the bilge once in a while for the spots you can't get at with a power washer.
    Pour a couple gallons of hot water in the bilge and add some liquid dish soap... Then go drive around the hood stopping and starting as much as possible.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    If I need to redo livewell plumbing I'm just going to plug the hole below the waterline and call it a day. Don't use it anyway because I catch and release and don't tournament fish. If I keep the boat long enough it will probably come to that.
    Hehehehehehe hehehe.....probably what I should have done.....😉👍

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Lol......pretty much summarizes things....

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree.....unfortunately for me, I'm 60 (although reasonably motivated), fat nowadays, it's 104° (with humidity.NOT added), and my bilge isn't easily accessed without pulling the entire back deck.....a chore in and of itself. In fact, until I created an access in the rear deck there was NO access.....not well thought out, pun intended....hehe. I put the project off for 2.5 years or until I ran pretty much out of things to do to the d@mn thing....10 minutes in I remembered the why..... hehehe

Thanks again for the many positive comments regarding the rebuild....it is what it is and certainly no match for most of the rigs you guys own. However, I'm happy with it and most appreciative of the kind words. 👍

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Not surprised.
    Good trick to clean the bilge once in a while for the spots you can't get at with a power washer.
    Pour a couple gallons of hot water in the bilge and add some liquid dish soap... Then go drive around the hood stopping and starting as much as possible.
    I made up a concoction of Dawn, vinegar, and bleach.....flooded the well with clean water, boat bow propped up. Then dumped the entire mess in and let it soak in the hot sun with the hatches all open for a couple of hours. Post that I blasted 19 years worth of the cures for multiple diseases OUT.

That was LAST summer, but, since then I spray it down with bleach and Dawn occasionally then blast away and it's stayed pretty immaculate....well, not exactly immaculate, no OR in there, but, you don't see moss growing in it....hehe
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 08-05-2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Misspelling due to Swype and spell correct....oxymoronic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12