Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just an observation....Is there a BIGGER PITA than....

reworking a livewell? hehehe.

I totally did a frame up restoration of my Fisher Pro Hawk 180, including finding and renovating a dual axle trailer for it. With the exception of the engine work and my wife's help with the carpet, I did it all by myself.....400 hours + It's certainly no Phoenix, Gator Trax, Bass cat, etc etc etc etc, but, it's pretty nice for what it is.

With all of that said, I HATE climbing back down into the well (it's pretty cramped) SO badly that I've put the livewell work off for over 2.5 years. Well, I started on Thursday and 10 - 12 MORE hours later it's done.....but, what a bloody pain, especially by yourself....amazingly, APPARENTLY, it all works...hehehe
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-31-2022 at 11:22 AM.

2. Fishing is a Passion
    I feel your pain, Any photos
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

3. Member
    Hundreds....literally....hehehe None of the livewell if that was what you were referencing....haven't done the clean up yet.

0609212017d_HDR.jpg
    1121211518_HDR~3.jpg

..... started here.....file size limitations are excluding original paint and carpet pics.....but both looked about like the trailer. The hull itself was in very good shape. Electrical, paint, carpet, etc, not so much

0427211123.jpg
    0501202031.jpg

Some idea how cramped.....

0730222033a_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-30-2022 at 08:37 PM.

That’s a sharp looking rig, and I believe you on the TON of work involved . I’ve never done much livewell work other than changing a couple hoses, but even that was a giant pain.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

5. Member
    Thank you very much......i like to build/rebuild stuff and am always up for a challenge. But, to be honest, IF I'd had ANY true idea what I was getting myself into, well hehehe,
    I might well have passed on this project.....never ends. 😉

6. Member
    You did a great job, looks fantastic. Can't imagine how much work that was. I had the live well pump freeze and crack on my 198P and I think I would buy a new boat before I'll change out the pump again.

7. Member
    Great looking rig! At 100 bucks an hour (usual rate for a boat tech) that is a 40k boat and looks amazing!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Great looking rig! At 100 bucks an hour (usual rate for a boat tech) that is a 40k boat and looks amazing!
    I took by boat in for regular service. The rate was $144/hour and they had a 21 day backlog.

Super good job.
    At least it's a labor of love .

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Nice work!

Bilge work is the worst.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    I feel your pain. Just got my boat back from the glass repair. Now I have to wash the mess out of the bilge. After that, reinstall 6 pumps and 5 batteries. Not looking forward to it.
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Member
    Good looking boat

looks great, I like the tandem axle probably tows like a dream.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

14. Member
    Thank you fella's!

I bought the boat with the intention of renovating it. Covid hit in '20 and that created the time/opportunity to finally do it, so I dove in. Most EVERYbody thought I'd lost my mind and I'm sure most (that don't really know me) probably thought I'd never finish it...can't blame em'..hehehe

Original drawings of the deck expansion and electrical plans I drew up before I started this odyssey....ended up being greatly expounded upon....but at least gave me a plan in my mind of the task at hand.

0506201832~2.jpg
    0506201852~2.jpg

Yes, It was/is indeed a labor of love and is still ongoing, but, for all intents and purposes it's finished. I've been fishing out of her for well over a year. Long enough for the original engine to catch fire and burn up (voltage regulator...replaced with a 125) and to have scraped the Raptorliner on frigging exposed bolts on a dock, etc.

So, as a result, I'll have to mix up some more of the stuff and fire up the air compressor.....but no biggie. It IS very tough stuff and hasn't been damaged by stumps, logs, etc. I don't think the trailer has a single chip in it so far so I highly recommend the stuff for appropriate uses.

The thing about this type of deal is this, once you're in you ARE in. 😉 It also gets to be an addiction.....hehehe

Yes the tandem axle is a GIANT improvement. I blew TWO tires towing it back from a trip to Caney Lake about a year ago. Luckily I had the spares to fix em. The guy I bought the trailer from had installed "light truck tires" on the trailer. He went on and on about them.....and two blew on the first longish road trip. Obviously I replaced them with good trailer tires as soon as I got home. I've had zero issues since....

Working in that d@mn livewell/well is the thing I HATE the most.....cussing becomes an art form....hehehe
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-31-2022 at 11:17 AM.

15. Member
    Sweet rig, great job!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I feel your pain. Just got my boat back from the glass repair. Now I have to wash the mess out of the bilge. After that, reinstall 6 pumps and 5 batteries. Not looking forward to it.
    If you're a Seinfeld fan just remember Frank Constanza's wise words...."serenity now, serenity now, S E R E N I T Y NOW" 😉

17. Fishing is a Passion
    Fantastic. You should be proud
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

18. Member
    Super job. Forget about the addl work and go fishing.

19. Member
    Wow! Great job

Definitely looks like alot of work. But you did a great job.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast