Thread: Boat prices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    Simply volume.....Chevrolet sold 21,893Camaro in 2021.In 2020, Chevrolet sold 29,775Camaro.They sold 7,882more units in year 2020 compared to 2021 with a percent loss of26.47% YoY.

Imagine if ONE bass boat company could sell that many of the same model boats in a calendar year, year after year and that doesn't count the hundreds of parts they share with the other GM models. It's all about volume.
    Exactly. Cars are built mainly with robots, boats are built with guys laying down resin and rolling fiberglass by hand
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    If you don't think used prices have already started to fall, then you just need to do a little more looking. Used inventory is up and sellers are having to drop prices to move them. It's a much different economic picture than it was 12 months ago. It's simple supply and demand; supply is up and demand is down.

its changed drastically in the last month. Part of that is due to time of the year but I think by next spring we will see the market flooded with used boats and some good deals. I just feel sorry for these guys who grossly overpaid for used boats. Same with new. These boat manufacturers and dealers I hope have done well with their profits the last couple years because it very well may be some tough times for the next few years.

This could be worse than 2008. A month ago I talked with a realtor who said she’s already seen the housing market start to drop off.

I'd say rising interest rates will be the biggest factor in slowing boat sales, and any other sales where multi-year loans are needed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I'd say rising interest rates will be the biggest factor in slowing boat sales, and any other sales where multi-year loans are needed.
    You hit the nail on the head. I was quoted low to mid 6% range for perfect credit score (810+) and high 6% for anything less than 800 credit score. That plus the rise in prices this year is really hurting people like myself who are hoping to buy.
    2019 Ranger Z520c
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    The price, coupled with higher interest rates, will make the new bass boat unaffordable for many even with the long term loans. Definitely seeing more new and used inventory available now than a few months ago.

6. Member
    I am not sure if RV market is similar to boat market but cost of used RVs is directly correlated to cost of new. Mfgers overbuilt in 21 and have cut back in 22 but not enough to absorb over stock. As new prices trend down, so will used.

IDK why so many think new boat prices will trend down. Has there ever, ever, ever, been over a 3 year or more period where new boats came down in price?

8. Member
    Prices won’t be dropping on new rigs as long as people are buying them faster than the plants can build them !!!

9. Member
    Look at starting wages. In many places you can get an entry level job at a factory for $25/hour and we wonder why everything is going up so much?? This is a runaway train that the Fed stepped in too late to stop.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    Look at starting wages. In many places you can get an entry level job at a factory for $25/hour and we wonder why everything is going up so much?? This is a runaway train that the Fed stepped in too late to stop.

11. Member
    They're no reason to believe that prices will come down. People have been saying that since 2008.

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    How many guys gals keep a boat longer than 3-5 years and trade it ?Theres a lot just look at the used market on every boat.So you didn’t pay 80,000 just like my trucks I never pay what I finance 2-3 years they gone.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    How many guys gals keep a boat longer than 3-5 years and trade it ?Theres a lot just look at the used market on every boat.So you didn’t pay 80,000 just like my trucks I never pay what I finance 2-3 years they gone.
    So your always upside down not the best way to live. I sure see a lot of people living that way tho. I keep my trucks and boats for a very long time.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123