Vortex hub zerk fitting

Hey guys,

I had my axle replaced a couple of years ago with the TD Vortex hubs. Per the tie down site there is supposed to be a zerk fitting to fill grease. Reason I’m asking is I’ve broken a couple of the plastic caps and the last one there was not much grease in the cap like the other side. So was gonna put some in, but for the life of me I can’t find a zerk fitting. There is a dust cap on the inside but no fitting nor can I easily find a hole to screw one in from under the boat (it may be there and I can’t see or feel it) do some of these hubs not have a fitting or am I looking in the wrong spot? Sorry this is such a basic question but this type of stuff is out of my zone but I thought I even I could put some grease in…….

TIA
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

It should be right at the end of the axle. That's where mine is at. When you grease it, it goes through the back of the axle and pushes the old grease out. I have heard they have some models with the grease fittings behind the hub.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    Just wondering why some fittings are on the front, and, some on the back.

4. Member
    the instructions I have says you have to supply the fitting
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

5. Member
    Just informed by Dexter Marine that the TD older axles had a zerk fitting on the spindle, don’t know about the newer ones. My axle was installed in 2014 with the Vortex hubs that lubed from the front. I noticed if I had to replace a hub, the Vortex would have rear zerk fittings. He stated I could lube either from the front or the rear fittings.

6. Member
    So ended up asking my dealer who installed it. The zeros were on the end of the spindle. I looked quickly but with the cotter pin and nut I missed it (plus I looked on the side with plenty of grease so…). All good now. Thanks gents

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Was this zerk fitting threaded in , I have a Dexter axle and it looks like the zerk fitting is pressed in , I need to remove it for my application but can't get it out???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Was this zerk fitting threaded in , I have a Dexter axle and it looks like the zerk fitting is pressed in , I need to remove it for my application but can't get it out???
    honestly I didn’t look that closely. Added some grease to the side I thought might be low and closed it up.

It should be threaded In. 5/16's is the size.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!