Thread: Fuel tank float

Fuel tank float

Someone posted what part it is to change the fuel tank float and I’ve deleted the link. If someone could post the part or link for it please?!? Thanks — 2004 201 pro class

2. Member
    I will try to find my post about when i replaced mine. I think i got the float from waymore and i thought it was 13-1/2" long. I replaced mine about 4 years ago. Prior the gauge would read 1/4 and the reality it was about 30 gallons. Switched floats and it is much better as i'm not carrying around the extra gas.

3. Member
    I have the same problem with my 295 Pro XL. Fuel gage shows 1/4 tank with 30 gal remaining in 41 gal tank.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL, 200 Mercury Optimax, 25p Tempest+

4. Member
    I ended up buying a 14” on off Amazon. It said to go a inch shorter then the tank, i measured the tank at 15”. I havnt filled the boat up or made a long run yet to see if it’s any more accurate…the one I took out was a 13”.

14" 240-33 ohms Fuel Sending Unit Marine Fuel Gas Tank Sender Fuel Water Level Sending Units Boat Fuel Gauge Sensor Water Tank Sensor Fuel Gas Gauge Sending Unit Fuel Tank Gas Sender (350mm) https://a.co/d/c7Z9Rmg

5. Member
    That sensor should be fine. The issue with mine was the float sat to far off the bottom of the tank so I carried
    Ore gas than needed. You should see a more accurate representation of how much is in the tank.