Trouble with Units

Ok please be gentle, I am coming from two Gen 1 HDS 5 units bow and console. I purchased this boat used almost two years ago and have not been using the system to its full potential. Just been fishing and would finally like to figure out some issues and start using it for more than waypoints, depth and water temp. The boat came with 2 Lowrance Carbon 12 units at the console, 1 Lowrance HDS Gen 3 touch at the bow, NEMA box, 3D structure scan and total scan transducer. To be honest I don't even know what some of that means. I am running the console like this, left side unit has map on top and left side side scan on bottom, right side unit has 2D and down scan on top and right side side scan on bottom. Both units were just updated with the latest.

#1 issue I am having seems very strange to me and I promise I have searched high and low for a thread or a video explaining my issue. I had everything set up correctly to record a trail on the left unit. It was recording cause after almost 2 years it showed approx. 12,000 pings but has never showed up on the map. Since I never run a map on the right side unit I did not notice this but today I realized the trail which has obviously almost colored the entire lake in, shows up on the map on the right side unit.

The other issue is different but the same, and to make it make sense I think I need to explain how I've been marking waypoints. I have only had this boat on my home lake do to life so I don't use it to mark fish catches per say. I have only been using it to mark deeper fish by hitting the down scan screen portion on the right unit. Again all waypoints have been marked using the right unit. As soon as I save it the point shows up on the left side unit map like it should. Today when I noticed the trail showing up on the right side map I also realized the map only showed the trail and no waypoints. Both units show all waypoints and trails in their memory list.

Talk to me like I just landing on Earth from a place with no Tech, you won't hurt my feelings. Hoping this is something simple I've missed. I have watched every YouTube video I could find trying to learn as much as I can on these things and still feel lost. I'd be willing to pay someone close by to help explain this stuff to me if need be.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

P.S. The boat salesman although a serious tournament guy had never run a boat with a 2 stroke or Lowrance so no he wasn't much help.
    2004 Ranger 520VX Comanche SOLD
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

2. Member
    Listen I get it, it's a wall of text but it was best way I knew to describe my situation. So nobody has anything on why waypoints set on the right side unit only show on the left unit and trails set on the left only show on the right? Adding that the waypoints do show on the bow unit. Thanks again for a help you may provide.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP

3. Member
    #1 Trails do not share you have to run trails on all units if you want them on all units or just the unit you use for map. You mention a NEMA Box No such thing, 3D is Ethernet and all units should be Ethernet together for sharing. HDS units share Maps, Waypoints, and Sonar/tranducers. Unless you have a Point 1 on your boat not sure what you would be using Nema for? Make sure the data source for GPS is set correctly if you have a point 1. Before you do anything update your Carbons to the latest update 22.1 and 18.2 on the Gen 3 otherwise many items including what you are asking about will not work properly. This is bigger than text so if you have questions PM me for other options or questions.

4. Member
    Yes sorry I meant to admit my mistake. The box I was referring to was the 3D structure scan box and there is a point one behind drivers seat. Thanks for your response and PM inbound.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP