Thread: Grand lake

Grand lake

Hey guys goin to be takin a family vacation down there second week in august Ans will be takin my dad fishin. He used to fish tourneys all over back in early 80s and 90s but due to a recent decline in health is unable
    to fish as much as he used to. I will be pullin my champ down there to try and get him on some fish. He doesn’t want a guide nor do I lol. Haven’t been down there yet this year but was just curious as to wat the fish are doin don’t want anyone’s spots or anythin like that just be nice to have a few clues to make it enjoyable for him again. If bass fishin isn’t good we will crappie fish as I love catchin them. Feel free to shoot me a pm if neeeed and I certainly do appreciate all the info from everyone. He’s the one that got me I to fishin as a kid and all the tournaments and college career I had just wanna return it to him for a memorable time

This time of year is ledge fishing for me. The only problem is how much traffic is out making 3-4 ft rollers. Two Tree island and down lake is my favorite area, and the area that seems to get hammered with traffic. You also can catch them up lake in the willows if the lake happens to be up 2-3 ft.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

3. Member
    Crappie shouldn’t be a problem…good electronics & can find them stacked…just drop down to them. (Use the ribs from the fillets for catfish on a few juglines). Bass: one million options…the bigger schools are probably off shore stacked somewhere relating to shad. Try topwaters, deep cranks, big worms, shakey head or senko behind docks, or a lipless to cover water. This weekend was tough…should be much better this coming weekend. Feel free to pm if need more info.