Minnkota powerdrive i-pilot electrical problems now.

Ok, first of all thanks for looking to see if you can help. The tm is 3 months old. It is the bluetooth 24v 70lb thrust motor. Been working fine. When we put it in, we used the existing 12v power plug that was on the 12v motorguide tm it had. Ok, this week, the remote and phone would say motor not found. The phone shows the motor in bluetooth but when I press pair and get steady tone, the phone tries to pair but doesnt. Same with the remote. The tm is deployed. Well, I disconnected the power plug thinking maybe it would reset the tm. Before I unplugged it, I checked the battery power and got all the lights to light up. Also used the ionic app to check the batteries to see it they are both charged. 2- 50ah brand new lithiums both at 99% . Well, when I unplugged the cord, noticed the two pins do have corrosion but they are coated in dielectric grease. When I plugged the tm back up, all I heard from the motor head were a few beeps and it has no power now. Has it fried the motherboard? And why would it not have paired with either remote or phone when it was getting power? When I used my voltmeter to test the two prongs in receptical, it showed 24v. So any suggestions or ideas? Call Minnkota? Take it to warranty place? What should I do? I have read now, obviously too late, that leaving the tm plugged up and charging batteries can destroy the board. But would that keep it from pairing? I am so lost. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    24V? Should be well over 26V with lithiums.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    As john said, it should be over 24 volts.
    You have a power issue somewhere on the boat. Breaker, corrosion, bad connection. That needs to be checked.
    Last edited by Bradrodfish; 07-31-2022 at 07:28 AM.

4. Member
    Would that have kept it from pairing?

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icunurse123456 View Post
    Don’t know, but no point chasing a problem until the power is right.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icunurse123456 View Post
    Yes it would.

7. Member
    Minnkota is sending a new head to replace this one. They think the board is fried. Anyone have any link on how to remove and replace the head on the powerdrive ipilot? They said it is simple but still would like to see actual instructions

8. Member
    U guys were right. Replaced plug and receptical with minn kota heavy duty. Immediately got 26 volts and turned on remote and it showed motor stowed so it was paired the whole time just not getting power.

9. Member
    U guys were right. Replaced plug and receptical with minn kota heavy duty. Immediately got 26 volts and turned on remote and it showed motor stowed so it was paired the whole time just not getting power.