Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Both boats are probably my favorite style. The stratos of that era are just really cool looking boats. The Z20/21 are my favorite style of Ranger. I just don’t know if I could deal with the latches on the Z20.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Both boats are probably my favorite style. The stratos of that era are just really cool looking boats. The Z20/21 are my favorite style of Ranger. I just don’t know if I could deal with the latches on the Z20.
    yea I like the stratos look and hear great things about the ride … just never been in one , iv been in a z20 recently and although we weren’t running high speeds in rough water , the ride I thought was better than the others iv been in but I haven’t been in a ton of diff boats, the z20 latches are diff I do feel like it’s a matter of time before they get annoying not working right… I can just get a 201 with spot lock and other upgrades cheaper than the z20 with basic stuff I would have to upgrade to at some point. Guess I need to decide if the fit and finish is that important to me in my first boat and I’m leaning towards it not being… I just want something stable to get out and catch fish and the wife to enjoy going out in some and the 201 may do it until I decide I wanna take the plunge on a newer one

3. Member
    Your talking about the two boats I spend all summer in. Mine 201 my partners the ranger. His latches don't bother me really but the ride is way off. Put it this way if the stratos was in good shape I mean if there's not a lot of scratches etc. the better graphs and trolling motor and cheaper it would be a no brainier for me. Like I said above though is engines and how they were maintained. And as silly as this sounds. I'm a tournament guy have always bought used and have always said I wouldn't by a tournament boat. Just saying if one was used 10 times a year and the other twice a week by a tournament guy I would weigh that also. You don't want one that's always setting but I would say used by someone who cares. I think what your struggling with and I get it. When a buddy asked what kind of boat you have a ranger sounds cooler than a stratos . And probably on resale also but the stratos are getting so hard to find and getting harder peaple will travel. I went from Oklahoma to Alabama to get mine.
    Last edited by Kb444fishing; 08-03-2022 at 09:21 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    Your talking about the two boats I spend all summer in. Mine 201 my partners the ranger. His latches don't bother me really but the ride is way off. Put it this way if the stratos was in good shape I mean if there's not a lot of scratches etc. the better graphs and trolling motor and cheaper it would be a no brainier for me. Like I said above though is engines and how they were maintained. And as silly as this sounds. I'm a tournament guy have always bought used and have always said I wouldn't by a tournament boat. Just saying if one was used 10 times a year and the other twice a week by a tournament guy I would weigh that also. You don't want one that's always setting but I would say used by someone who cares. I think what your struggling with and I get it. When a buddy asked what kind of boat you have a ranger sounds cooler than a stratos . And probably on resale also but the stratos are getting so hard to find and getting harder peaple will travel. I went from Oklahoma to Alabama to get mine.
    I agree and the one near me seems to be In pretty good shape , had rebuilt powerhead a couple hundred hours ago and it’s used to fish tourneys a good bit I believe , powerhead has me double thinking but at the same time could be a good thing if it was done right

5. Member
    Stratos 201 Pro XL (post 2003). I’ve moved on to other brands since my 201 Pro XL, for various reasons, but the original question was - what hull was the best riding.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    What’s riding means glass slick or super windy2 foot wide gap, boat traffic disaster?Charger 596 will be your ticket

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234