Renegade 19 foot pedal tray

Has anyone installed a recessed foot pedal tray in a renegade 19? Anything to be aware of if it can be done? Where the pedal is mounted now appears thicker than the surrounding deck. also any tray recommendations for a minn kota fortrex?

I had a guy tell me he put one in a R20 and it weakened the deck/boat. As you know they have short front decks. I haven't done it to mine because of that.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    i put one in my 20ss and had no issues at all. there are some videos on you tube and one was a stratos
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Don't want to weaken the deck/boat for sure...that's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    i put one in my 20ss and had no issues at all. there are some videos on you tube and one was a stratos
    Mac, your Stratos 20SS has a much larger front deck than the Javelin Renegade. Yes, same hull, very much different top cap.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I put a recessed tray in my 18xl. It did not cause and structure concerns. If you have a front bow panel or an opening from the front of a rod box to stick your phone in a take some photos of the area.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Mac, your Stratos 20SS has a much larger front deck than the Javelin Renegade. Yes, same hull, very much different top cap.
    hull was a javelin installed after the recall--didn't know the deck was bigger?
    Last edited by mactlman; 08-01-2022 at 07:36 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    I put a recessed tray in my 18xl. It did not cause and structure concerns. If you have a front bow panel or an opening from the front of a rod box to stick your phone in a take some photos of the area.
    I've been all up under the bow with my head straightening up wiring and redoing things. There is no center brace like there was on my nitro. I really can't see how it would hurt but I'm also not a boat builder. Unless cutting the square out weakens the side to side rigidity

Measure several times and draw it out in the carpet with a sharpie. Take a deep breath and cut that hole. I did seal my exposed composite deck. Make sure the drain hose can drain to the bilge. I also suggest running a shop vac along side the blade when you cut the hole.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    Measure several times and draw it out in the carpet with a sharpie. Take a deep breath and cut that hole. I did seal my exposed composite deck. Make sure the drain hose can drain to the bilge. I also suggest running a shop vac along side the blade when you cut the hole.
    I make a living as an accessories installer for toyota. I routinely cut holes in or cut chunks out of perfectly good vehicles. I've got nerves of steel when it comes to that sort of thing. I just don't wanna disturb the structural integrity of it.

Measure it up and I bet your cutout will end up into the front center compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    hull was a javelin installed after the recall--did't know the deck was bigger?
    Yep, completely different layout. My deck is a long as what you get on the average 17.5'' - 18' boat.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Measure it up and I bet your cutout will end up into the front center compartment.
    There is no doubt in my mind it will be. The screw that's In the back of the fortrex foot pedal is in that compartment.

14. Member
    I did my Renegade 20 and there was a wiring harness that I needed to move just to keep from cutting into it, but it had plenty of slack to do that. It did cut into the box but no big deal there either. I used my phone camera to take pictures to see what was under there before making any cuts. It was an easy process and I cut smaller I could trim it to keep it a tight fit. I did mine probably 10 -12 years ago and have not had any issues.

Had one in a jav venom 18, which was a renegade 18 year before. No issues.

16. Member
    I install one in my older 80's Stratos 201 Pro with out no problem. I did cut into the front middle box .
    I could have missed the box if i had move to the front more .
    But i want to be back more . Minds had about 3 inches of wood before i hit foam .