Motorguide Xi5 new update

For those that have Xi5/Xi3. No dongle required anymore.
    https://www.motorguide.com/us/en/own...QQgBifWEWfmBNY

I just updated mine and all went smoothly. Hoping this finally resolves some issues for us Xi5 owners. Mine is a 2018 model. Good luck to all

3. Member
    Little bit of an update:
    The download instructions say that if you are downloading via the Lowrance ELITE FS units to call Lowrance first but they don't say why.
    I called Lowrance and the gal put me on hold for a couple minutes when she got back to me she told me to make sure my ELITE FS units were running the most current software which is 22.1.
    So I'm going to take the step off the dock and give the Xi5 update a try. Wish me well!!

4. Member
    Just finished update...all went well. I'll be out on the water early tomorrow. Will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    Just finished update...all went well. I'll be out on the water early tomorrow. Will report back.
    Let us know how it goes...I cant get back on the water until next week. Dont forget the after the update instructions!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Let us know how it goes...I cant get back on the water until next week. Dont forget the after the update instructions!!!
    Instructions followed....I'd like to add a few of my own but that's for another day.

7. Member
    Update may have cured a communicating situation (navigation commands) but did nothing to help with the other 2 little hiccups I've been having

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    Update may have cured a communicating situation (navigation commands) but did nothing to help with the other 2 little hiccups I've been having
    Had to have my 2015 i5 control board replaced last fall. The guy was insistent that I perform mounting angle and compass calibration each time I move 150 miles or more. My brother from LaCrosse and I went to Ontario last week and had nothing but trouble with his i5. I suggested we calibrate so after getting the instructions online at camp we did the calibration the next morning. The motor was back to being nice again, I was actually surprised how much difference it made.